Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[homer]Also Travis Snider + Marcum + Someone else for Cabrera[/homer]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be totally plausible.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they would need to add something like Hill or Litsch. I don't think Florida would want Thigpen or Lind enough. I guess we would than need to try and trade Glaus/Thomas/Overbay for something.
Also Jays with Cabrera are probably a playoff team imo.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM

Snider is a highly regarded prospect for sure, but Snider/Marcum/Hill seems like too much.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM

did someone delete a totally benign post of mine in this thread
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, Lugo would need to be replaced... he is an embarrassment to that lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah. if he continues to bounce back as he did late last season and during the playoffs, and continues to play good defense, there is really no reason he can't be a solid #9 hitter for this team.

basically if he bounces back to anything resembling his career norms / projections he will be fine. yeah they overpaid for him a bit but whatever, not so much that we need to eat his salary just to bring in someone who is probably only marginally better.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we all march in lock step and then there's no discussion at all. I believe you made your original post to generate a little discussion? All I'm saying is why can't it be civil?

[/ QUOTE ]

and all i'm saying is why can't it be at least vaguely lucid and informed?

the rest of us are discussing what would be a fair price for him and are mostly in the same ballpark. you are saying 'too rich for my blood, i want to keep my rookies!' to an arb-eligible stud who costs less than most of the other viable CI options on the market.

let me guess, were you advocating bringing lowell back in the other thread?

there is a difference between marching in lock step and being on the same planet. right now you are on planet 'please god hire Toro as the yankees GM' and the rest of us are on planet Earth.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Toro is right. Not in regards to Cabrera, but in regards to you guys being more civil. You'd think you'd take the hint from a block of 10-20 posts being deleted, but I guess not.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM

i'm not trying to be uppity here, but the posts that got deleted (there were like 8 of them) were ones where he called a guy an ass and told him he was going to kick his ass.

so, civility what?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not trying to be uppity here, but the posts that got deleted (there were like 8 of them) were ones where he called a guy an ass and told him he was going to kick his ass.

so, civility what?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, it would also be wise of him to take his own advice, back to baseball now though?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM

yessir
Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he projected to be good enough to stay at 3rd I'd love to see someone other than Casey at the hot corner. The Indians have some pieces to do it with as well, Adam Miller, Ben Francisco, Andy Marte, two out of those three plus a cheap pitcher like Sowers would be a pretty good package from the Marlins' viewpoint of talent and long term control of costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overrating their value. My guess is a Tribe package would have to include Jhonny/Asdrubal, FGutz/Garko, Adam Miller, and Laffey. That's a lot to pay, and even if he would sign a long-term deal with us, I don't think it's a Shapiro-style move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I am, I basically only follow the Tribe. Do the Marlins need a catcher, looking at their roster it appears so unless they have a good prospect. Kelly Shoppach, Marte, Laffy/Sowers for the win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sowers and Marte basically have no trade value right now. Laffey might (TBH, I have no idea how he is perceived outside of Cleveland circles), but he's probably more valuable to us since he's very under-the-radar solid...Shoppach, too, since he can spell Vic and basically be a half starter/half backup.

The problem with us putting together a package like that is that our good, valuable players are all major leaguers. The guys people will want are already contributing, and they're cheap, so they probably aren't moving. Miggy isn't a good fit for us anyway in terms of money, but in general, I wouldn't count on us making any "big" trades like that.

(I will, however, continue to hope that Garko gets traded while his value is fairly high.)