Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Low Suited Queen (Q6s-Q2s)
call 3 30.00%
raise 3 30.00%
fold 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: ZOMG STAR WARS average speed - interest/sign-up

but I was gonna go to toshi station to get some power converters [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2006, 07:50 PM

OK, I've been doing some thinking about this, and have become increasingly convinced that the village is a huge favorite in this. I actually didn't realize until just now that there are seven wolves and not six which will help somewhat but I still think it's way unbalanced.

I'm going to start with the assumption that 6 wolves and 2 seers and no other power roles is somewhat balanced for a 27 player game.

I'm also going to assume that the power roles do not allow themselves to get lynched without roleclaiming.

Obi-wan - there are five different ppl who could trigger his 50% chance thingie, and if he "wins" that flip than the killer is exposed in the thread. I hate doing math but I believe that if the night kills are chosen entirely at random there is something like a 75% chance that at some point he will die in place of one of the others, so this power alone is worth like 3/4 of a wolf. And this doesn't even take into consideration that he could die in place of a seer and let them survive long enough to get another peek and reveal their previous peeks.

Seven village power roles - if one of these ppl is acting wolfy, they just roleclaim and instead of getting lynched, they have to be killed at night. This basically gives the village an extra lynch and takes away one night kill from the wolves each time this happens. Basically the wolves will kill randomly at night trying to find the seer for a while and will hit vanillagers more often than not. Then starting around the fifth or sixth night they will have to kill about five remaining power roles plus a handful of vanillager peeks. They have to kill all confirmed villagers by around night 12. It just can't happen.

Han/Chewy - I don't know if this was deliberate or not, but due to the presence of roleblockers in the game, Chewy's peek can't be released until all night actions are in, and I'm assuming their masonry is night-only. The evil roleblocker can just wait until 1 minute before morning to submit his actions so that Chewy cannot get his peek in time to send it to Han... and really to avoid giving clues about who the roleblockers are, peeks shouldn't be revealed until the end of night anyway (to avoid "timing tells"). Back to game balance... if Han and Chewy are good enough players to avoid getting lynched, they can wait endlessly to come out with their peeks... the only risk of losing their peeks is if they get hit by a nightkill and Greedo on the same night, and if Obiwan fails to protect either of them. Aside from this, they can wait until one of them dies to reveal their peeks, which lets them get in several more peeks than they otherwise would be able to.

My suggestions would be to:

- tone down the seers either by removing one of them, or only giving peeks every other night or something, and maybe add a Godfather role.
- make Leia and Obiwan unaware of their real identity and have them be peeked as vanillagers
- make C3PO unaware of his own identity and have R2 search for him at night rather than the other way around.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:08 PM

can we start now?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:39 PM

In, if we are starting this week and there is still room?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 PM

I will be out if somebody wants my spot. If I am needed to make the numbers work I will play.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 AM

I can't believe I waited this long to be in.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 AM

Monday morning update :

20 people signed up, looking for more.

Soah, Bolier - I've reviewed your concerns and duly noted. There will be changes to role descriptions. I may also have to tweak some things based on how many people we end up with.

Currently I'd say that Hand / Chewie masonry is in jeopardy and Ben may not have the knowledge of other characters but will have the ability to look for them nightly and "protect" only the players who he had "found" (like, he'll get Han or Leah or Chewie or Luke or "rebel pilot" for everyone else?).

Here's my current "signed-up" list:

Soah
DMK
NichP
Hornacek
Traz
Jeremy
Fnord
TFG
Clowntable
Luckay
Areinitz
Xorbie
Tabako
bluff - ??
lastchance
Boiler
FMXDA
RichChed
KM
WDC
Old 12-11-2006, 01:01 PM

I will be in if you can stomach a noob....I can't believe it took me this long to find this place
Old 12-11-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be in if you can stomach a noob....I can't believe it took me this long to find this place

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, n00bs are g00t. Do play a turbo or two, though, to get the idea of what's going on.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, n00bs are g00t. Do play a turbo or two, though, to get the idea of what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up for the one tonight - I have played mafia with friends before too just never online.