Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good place for my favorite story of my wife's from when she worked at Starbucks.
How seriously they took the whole thing was amusing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. I can safely say almost every employee (me included) munch on random pastries that are marked out.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
opinion, but I am sure as i have tasted it too, it could be "seconds", but not overstock

[/ QUOTE ]

seconds?

[/ QUOTE ]

A roast/beans that didnt measure up to Starbucks' standards
(kind of like clothes you might find at a company store outlet that has out of place stitching, or some other blemish)
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids, I think you're confusing yuppies and hippies. Pretty sure hippies are the ones who frequent the neighborhood coffeeshops, and wouldn't be caught dead patronizing the evil megacorporation Starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way man, i thought starbucks was hippy central, which of course I always found funny becuase as you say megacorp etc.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard that costco brand coffee is actually starbucks brand overstock. confirm/deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Wasn't there an Ask Me About Costco thread at some point?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, the Costco near me actually has a coffee roaster where they make at least some of the costco coffee.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CB,

"I've also hooked up with a few customers."

Whoa, really? Stories, please. I would imagine "Starbucks dude" to be very low on the desirability scale for most women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Younger girls (college freshman) who haven't figured out how lame it is that I work at Starbucks yet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids, I think you're confusing yuppies and hippies. Pretty sure hippies are the ones who frequent the neighborhood coffeeshops, and wouldn't be caught dead patronizing the evil megacorporation Starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way man, i thought starbucks was hippy central, which of course I always found funny becuase as you say megacorp etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are misinformed. As you said yourself, you have never stepped into a Starbucks. If you did, you would realize how incorrect your statement about hippies is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to the douche that says "what about the people who take home coffee" it was CLEAR I wasnt talking about them, and neither were you until you got proven wrong, so gfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you schizo or just dumb? How can you 1st say that folgers bought in bulk from sams club cost 3.6 cents a cup (not .036 cents as you wrote) and then claim you were not talking about take home coffee. You make arguments like a 14 year old girl

[/ QUOTE ]

I read his post as 'I'm not talking about making fun of people who buy coffee to take home and brew.' As in, like the people buying bulk Folgers they know they can save a ton of money if they buy the beans or whatever and brew it themselves. Am I way off here?

starbucks = yuppies
trees = hippies
Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM

Cliched comments re: Starbucks that really piss me off: "Starbucks! No way am I going to spend 4 bucks on a cup of coffee! LOL!"

First of all, a tall drip is $1.60, a grande is $1.75, and a venti is $1.85 (or somewhere in that range, depending on location). How is that anywhere close to 4 bucks?

Secondly, the drinks that ARE 4 bucks are espresso + flavor + extra crap drinks, which aren't made anywhere else for any lower price. People pay $4 for a smoothie or any other premium refreshment, how is $4 for a caramel macchiato w/ whip cream at all unreasonable?

Die.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After I finished making her Ice Venti Caramel Macchiato with XXX-Caramel and whip cream in the bottom, middle, and top of the drink, she asked if I had used non-fat milk. Bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly not saying this is you and I can't defend the wacked drink orders, but my wife only orders a very specific drink that, among other things, includes non-fat milk. Being conservative, at least five times I have personally witnessed a barista put regular milk in, and when asked if it was non-fat, lie about it. That woman is probably aware that a good amount of Starbucks employees suck, and because she is paying what she is for her drink, wants it made perfectly. I don't know how you can complain about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with this customer (which I apparently didn't make clear, though I thought I had) was that she kept throwing modifiers at me that she hadn't initially done when ordering, while I was making the drink, topping it off with asking if I had used nonfat milk (which she'd never said) after I finished the drink. Also, nonfat milk on a drink with a fuckton of caramel and whip cream was lollerskates. Closest I've come to yelling at a customer. (She had a rude demeanor about her before the drink incident.)