Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Name my Company (if we pick it, I\'ll send you $100)

I am opening a real estate and mortgage company with a partner. We will be located in San Jose and specializing in residential real estate transactions (buyers/sellers/financing/property management) with some small commercial mixed in there.

There is a joke that there are 30 words that you can use to start a financial service company and they are drawn out of a hat at random:
Professional.....Mortgage.....Solutions
Pacific....Funders.....Group......
United.....Capital......Properties.....Company

You get the point. I DON'T want to have a generic name like that. However, I would like something that indicates what we do. I also don't want it to end with the words, "Realty and Loan" because that sounds like a pawn shop.

I want something that sounds classy, upscale, high end. We are both fairly young (27) so overcoming the 'expertise' objection will be common for at least a while. I believe a name can go a long way into providing subconscience trust. We have some very purple cow ideas and I would like our name to reflect some of that same quality.

FWIW, my name is Andrew Soss and his is Kasey Stewart, so maybe there is something there to work with.