Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

Holy [censored]. Garrard was just named the opening day starter and Leftwich is either released or traded. I'll let everyone else draw up their own conclusions, I'm upset right now. I need a new avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]. Garrard was just named the opening day starter and Leftwich is either released or traded. I'll let everyone else draw up their own conclusions, I'm upset right now. I need a new avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get this I always think they look better with Leftwich at QB. I know "they just win games" with Garrard, but Leftwich is a better passer and seems to run the offense smoother. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention to Jags games. They always seem very one dimensional with Garrard in.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:19 PM

I thought they were better with Byron too. It's tough to see him go, the draft day debacle that landed him in Jacksonville was a curse and I should have known it couldn't have worked out. Hopefully Garrard can lead this team to an AFC South title.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:24 PM

Holy [censored], indeed. I'm a Garrard fan, though.

Sluss, how are they more one dimensional with Garrard in?
Byron probably was the better passer but he didn't look good in the pre-season. Obviously, the coaches saw something too so I'm ok with it.

Go Jags!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get this I always think they look better with Leftwich at QB. I know "they just win games" with Garrard, but Leftwich is a better passer and seems to run the offense smoother. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention to Jags games. They always seem very one dimensional with Garrard in.

[/ QUOTE ]

SportsCenter graphic just showed Girrard is 9-6 vs. Leftwich 11-6, so it's not w/l record.

DelRio didn't really sound like a cliche diplomat either.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM

This is a really strange time to make this move.

Jax has been touted as ready to make a playoff run, if this goes poorly Del Rio could be in some serious jeopardy.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except that game vs Tennessee last year when Gerrard singlehandedly lost the game
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except that game vs Tennessee last year when Gerrard singlehandedly lost the game

[/ QUOTE ]

That was most likely the worst individual performace I had ever watched. Did he think Pacman was on his team? Titans won the game without scoring a single offensive point. Oh well, he looked awesome in preseason so maybe he is getting over the hump of dumb passes.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM

I just got a post card from the Colts that says:

"BE SURE TO BE IN YOUR SEAT BY 8 P.M.

to witness our very special Championship Moment and show the world what great fans you are."

Banner time! I'm so excited!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got a post card from the Colts that says:

"BE SURE TO BE IN YOUR SEAT BY 8 P.M.

to witness our very special Championship Moment and show the world what great fans you are."

Banner time! I'm so excited!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's going to be a great thing to see (I'll certainly be watching). I'd seriously consider punching a newborn for tickets to see it live.

Cody