Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: The Mystery Method....... textbook for picking up chicks

[ QUOTE ]
demon,

how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im 24, Ive had quite a few girls but seriously I dont feel like I know/understood completely what I was doing and am now ready to study this subject and feel like what I have read to some degree is very effective. It also connects many dots that I have seen before me.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BigBuffet,

Reread the OP. Hint: "Ive read this book".
The VH1 show was just a weak side project for Mystery.

Also, the rest of your post is kinda iffy. I agree with your observation about desperation, but your last few points are troublesome. Yes it's good to "be yourself", but a lot of men's problems stem from the fact that they view their true self as a boring person. The routines are a way to overcome this. And what are you saying in your last line? Women do care about looks. Yes, other criteria may be more important, but looks do matter. An earlier poster got it right when he said you should "be your best self". This includes both personality and physical traits.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly I am not talking about the show at all,

the book itself is pretty close to a scientific view of a way for picking up, attracting and getting close to a woman, I approach a lot of things in a scientific way and this book made an impression on me, I want some real feed back not some hate on the show and what it had to offer, no paragraphs cuz me=drunk
Old 10-10-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know women care about looks, but that is second place to personality. I've never let myself go, just saying there have been times when I wasn't as good as at other times.

Also, if you need a routine (your words) to pick up women, you still need to use your personality to keep the relationship going. If guys have low self esteem, this crap will just guarantee a train wreck. So these books are just what I called them, a phony way to meet them.

You know, men have been meeting women for thousands of years without these crutches. But maybe younger guys these days need them for some reason...

I also want to add, that men don't really "pick up chicks". If a woman wants a man, they let themselves get picked up. That's the funny part of getting ideas from Mystery and other PUA's...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted feedback from dudes that read and exercised these techeniques, not people who havent studied them, no offense I just wanna know if this stuff is effective
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
demon,

Yeah, tons of people have read it and are thinking the exact same thing you are. Does "it" work? Yeah, the method works. So do a bunch of things. The method isn't a magic bullet. It's a system that will allow one to build up the necessary social aptitude and tools needed to succeed with hot women.

Do you have more specific questions?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I want to study this very in depth, can u recommend more books, ect.? I feel like I only knew like 5% of what there was to know before the book and now I only know 15% I wanna know like 250%, so hook me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 AM

Slow down man.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted feedback from dudes that read and exercised these techeniques, not people who havent studied them, no offense I just wanna know if this stuff is effective

[/ QUOTE ]

Demon,
The bottom line is;
Try and make yourself appear better looking.
Approach more girls.
Act confidant and funny,and find a way to be interesting to girls.

What do you think is going to happen?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
demon,

Yeah, tons of people have read it and are thinking the exact same thing you are. Does "it" work? Yeah, the method works. So do a bunch of things. The method isn't a magic bullet. It's a system that will allow one to build up the necessary social aptitude and tools needed to succeed with hot women.

Do you have more specific questions?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I want to study this very in depth, can u recommend more books, ect.? I feel like I only knew like 5% of what there was to know before the book and now I only know 15% I wanna know like 250%, so hook me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the mystery method is the method. I mean you can study other groups in the community or go to a lot of the source material where Mystery developed/learned about most of these ideas. It sounds to me like you want to get amazing at pickup in which case you should go to a boot camp.

Go to mysterymethod.com/forums and check out the product reviews there as well as classic posts. Mystery is no longer with them, but his site is <<<< myseterymethod.com site.

Yugoslav
Old 10-10-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I banned the OP for 2 days. Sorry guys.,

[/ QUOTE ]

I got drunk and started doing stupid postings, not the first time lol
Old 10-10-2007, 02:08 PM

Why is it so hard for some guys to just talk to chicks? Becoming a womanizer isn't an impossible task if that's your goal. You just need a lot of practice by developing your own personal "game style" and not care about the social consequences of being rejected on a regular basis. i.e., have a tough skin. (Some people can't stand rejection esp. attractive women.)

You'll also be investing time, money, and energy on this new hobby. So don't let your "dating life" get too distracting w/ that respect. "Be responsible. Know your limits."

Dating is like poker: you have to play a lot of hands and fold most of them after you realize you're beat, the sooner the better. Some hands play easier than others and play themselves.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said instinctual. Intellectual is the last thing I want to be when picking up a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're picking up some pretty quality women. Seriously, if I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone I'm trying to "pick up," I'm not wasting my time. And my girlfriend is hot and smart.

Guys, have some pretty ground-breaking instruction here: Approach women a lot. Keep trying until you feel comfortable. Make them laugh, whether it be through gentle insults or by being, I don't know, yourself. You'll probably meet a lot of women.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what ur saying its seems u havent read any of this book