Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: The Make a Wish Foundation

Are you two trolling or are you really this stupid?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM

If by political agenda you mean valueing and respecting the dignity of human lives, even those lacking Americanness, then yeah Amnesty International is hugely political.

Just totally WTF?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If by political agenda you mean valueing and respecting the dignity of human lives, even those lacking Americanness, then yeah Amnesty International is hugely political.

Just totally WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, abolishing the death penalty, getting accused of international espionage, founded by a commie, its not exactly an apolitical organization. Just because you agree with their politics doesnt mean everyone does.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just totally WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never considered the fact that Amnesty International has a political agenda? I don't know enough about the organization to say one way or another, but there are certainly those that think so.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM

my number one question to a charity is how much % wise does your total gross go directly to the so called recipients. that determines how good a charity it is to me.

but to make a wish. i think its a great idea. but great ideas somtimes fall flat.

a few years ago they asked the fish and game dept. in montana for a permit for one of the kids to shoot and elk out of season for his wish before he dies. they granted it. mind you this was for a kid who wasnt even a resident of the state. this kid wanted to kill something as his last wish out of season which is poaching and he got that wish as far as i know.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"My wish is to keep on living!"

"Ooh, sorry Timmy we're not gonna be able to do that. Want to meet an NFL player instead?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Coop: Hey uh, l-listen partner, I uh... I talked to the people at the Dream Come True Foundation and they wanna make your last wish... yu... your... th-th- well they wanna make your dream come true. [Joey looks up sadly] As long as it doesn't involve like a miracle cure... or something like that... Wuh hell the guys in Death Row only get a meal, right? [Remer and Jenna look uncomfortable] Uh, so, so, what's your dream?

Joey: Well... I've always dreamed of big-game hunting. How about killing an endangered species? Like a bald eagle? Or a giant panda?

Jenna: Weh Joey, I don't think that's in the true spirit of the Foundation. [smiles]

Joey: Well then, how about poisoning the reservoir? [Coop and Jenna look at each other disgusted by this boy's suggestions] I know! How about throwing flesh-eating fish into a public swimming pool?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Guids,

yeah man, totally, we gotta watchout for the influential Amnesty In'tl Lobbyists in Washington, directing the social agenda and sneakily setting the political scene, all from their Commie bunker.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just totally WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come now. That's the most ridiculous logic I've ever heard. One only has to look at its treatment of Israel in relation to Hizbollah to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not saying they don't do good work, but to say they aren't politically motivated is just inane.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guids,

yeah man, totally, we gotta watchout for the influential Amnesty In'tl Lobbyists in Washington, directing the social agenda and sneakily setting the political scene, all from their Commie bunker.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are political organizations outside of the United States. You do realize that right? And you do realize that AI tries to influence both US and foreign politics? Im not saying they are bad or good, but saying that they have nothign to do with politics is retarded.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:25 PM

"this kid wanted to kill something as his last wish"

ROFL IN FACT ROFLCOPTER.

Also that seems kinda screwed up. Getting the kid to Disneyland is one thing, breaking the law is umm... different unless I have a really flawed understanding of Disneyland.