Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Claims to fame.

I really got next to nothing, here. I once beat the [censored] out of one of the best fencers in the United States for about half a bout, to the point where he was screaming and pounding the wall in frustration at the round break, because his [censored] attitude towards the referee put me in a Zen-like state of profound concentration. Sadly, it passed.

I've, uh, had profs that liked me. I've helped other fencers squeeze some find performances out of themselves. I've been good to people when they needed it, and when it wasn't necessarily easy. I've written some quality stuff in my time.

Anyway, not what you'd call a life of accomplishment. Talk to me in twenty years.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:54 PM

Hmm . . .

Neal Boortz mentioned me on his nationally syndicated radio program.

I won a local radio contest called "The Triangle's Next Top Talker" where you had to call in and give 1 minute of talk radio schpiel. The top 6 went into the studio to do 15 or so minutes live. The winner got to do his own hour show live in the afternoon time slot (for a day). I won.

I have the same name as a world famous British football (aka soccer) player. When I visited Ireland it was all I heard about after someone heard my name, other than being told I looked "well 'ard" which I desperately hoped didn't mean "gay". In 96 or whenever the World Cup was, I was in grad school and I used to get these great fan mails from pubescent portugese girls and the like. We used to run them through babelfish and post them around the office. I never did quite figure out what they thought their football idol was doing in the Theoretical Astrophysics Group at NC State.

I was almost in the film version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in high school, which filmed in my home town. They told the Employment Security Commission they hired me (so they stopped looking for a job for me and I ended taking a job at a pizza joint) but never called. Dirty [censored]. [censored] over my whole film career.

Well, almost. I played The Big Bad Wolf in a no-budget but still pretty funny spoof of The Blair Witch Project called The Big Bad Wolf Project.

I've had dinner with a Presidential candidate, Michael Badnarik (Libertarian Party).

My wife is smoking hot and fairly famous in her own right. She produced the "Ladies of Liberty" pinup calendars for the Libertarian Party, and was covered in dozens of newspapers and radio programs around the country, and did several interviews on national TV, including James Carvel and Tucker Carlson, Jerry Nachman, and she kicked Bill O'Reilly's ass on The Factor.

She also turned down appearing nude in Playboy because they only offered her $10,000 to appear in their Women of WorldCom issue (they offered $15,000 to the women of Enron chicks, and she was indignant).

I know a [censored] load of people who know people (like my sister went to high school with Michael Jordan and they were chemistry lab partners), but I think basically everyone does.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Won my state's geography bee twice and dated Frank Perdue's granddaughter in high school.