Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Timex.

Regarding my ROI question, I wasn't referring to the 100r on Stars. I was talking about say the $100k Gauranteed $150+12 on Stars, or the Sunday Million etc. For simplicity sake lets exclude rebuy tournaments and anything with a buy-in over $500.

What do you think a very strong players true ROI is in these tournaments? What is attainable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a very good player could be like ~400ROI in the Stars million or so, and maybe 150 in the 162.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM

You don't have to answer it, but you commented about making 1.7 off poker in general..

How much have you made from playing poker yourself (not including staking and that one sng).

You commented about your br exceeding your poker abilities at that point. How do you rate your cash game abilities now? Do you feel comfortable playing deep stack cash games, or still prefer to shortstack?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM

What makes you happier you winning 25k at cashgames or a horse willing 50k tourney at standard 50/50 deal.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM

- Are you going to make new accounts across the sites?

- If so, is there any remote possibility you can come up with cooler names than Connor did?

- Does Shaundeeb have a chance with timexmom?

- Does Shaundeeb have a chance with Thayer?

- What is the worst downswong you have had? (was it 1 thing?)
Old 09-12-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you happier you winning 25k at cashgames or a horse willing 50k tourney at standard 50/50 deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you happier, winning 25k at cashgames, or a horse of yours winning 50k in a tourney with the standard 50/50 deal?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 AM

Wow, A+ gimmick.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you happier, winning 25k at cashgames, or a horse of yours winning 50k in a tourney with the standard 50/50 deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 AM

How much have you made from playing poker yourself (not including staking and that one sng).

I had like 85% of the 330, as well as my staking profits, take me down to like 600 of my net worth from my cash/donkament play, I had to give lots of what I won to watts, so maybe like 7-800k or so.

You commented about your br exceeding your poker abilities at that point. How do you rate your cash game abilities now?

I know that I'm still nowhere near being a great poker player yet, but I'm certainly getting decent, not sure how to "rate" them since my goal isn't really to beat the best, its more to beat the worst. I've played 100/200 games that I can crush, and there are 5/10 games I wouldn't sit in with 100% rakeback.

Do you feel comfortable playing deep stack cash games, or still prefer to shortstack?

I never really prefered the shortstack, I've probably played like <30k hands of shortstacking lifetime, people just see I've done pretty well at it and assume that makes me good at shortstacking, I more or less just ran good against players who suck against short stacks.

It depends on the game and whether the horse won the tourney. Ie. winning 25k at 5/10 NL is a lot better than a horse cashing small in WSOPe, and winning 3 shortstacking buyins at 2/4 is a lot worse than a horse winning the UB major.

- Are you going to make new accounts across the sites?

Ya

- If so, is there any remote possibility you can come up with cooler names than Connor did?

No

- Does Shaundeeb have a chance with timexmom?

No
- Does Shaundeeb have a chance with Thayer?

Possibly

- What is the worst downswong you have had? (was it 1 thing?)

Thats tough to say since so frequently I'm winning money in x place and losing it in y place. Despite getting killed in the WSOP, cash and tournaments went stupidly well in june and it was one of my best months ever.

Its tough to estimate since I'm not keeping constant track of horses etc, but I'd assume somewhere between like 150 and 200, if I had to guess a number I'd say like 160. This came largely from one HU cash on Paradise. I have been doing stupidly well in those games, and one guy has been continuously upping the stakes and losing more and more to me, then 1 weekend, he turned a +40 session into a -20 session playing 50/100 HU that turned into 100/200, then we later played some more 1/2 and I lost another 60, so thats 120 right there, and combined with any sort of fluctuating down around that time, I'd assume something like 160 is reasonable.

Even though I'm still up lots lifetime against this player, after these 2 sessions, he decided that he will no longer play me headsup.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl, i just noticed when i glanced over that this is a gimmick account. whoever it is nh.