Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
> consenting to the chemical test was fatal.

At least for this, I doubt he had a choice after the weed was found in the car. In many states, it's handled the same way as alcohol: if you are suspected of drinking and driving (i.e., under the influence), you are obligated to take a breathalyzer (you can refuse, but guilt is assumed by law when you do this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Many states have a rule that evidence that a defendnat refused to take a chemical test may be used by a jury to infer that the reason why he refused that test was that he was intoxicated. However, the case is a lot weaker without a chemical test when its presented to a jury. Especially when it is DUI drugs you're charged with (as opposed to alcohol), when the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were under the influence of a particular drug, but has no chemical test to pinpoint which one.

[/ QUOTE ]
any good lawyer will tell you to refuse any test and take your chances in court
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
> consenting to the chemical test was fatal.

At least for this, I doubt he had a choice after the weed was found in the car. In many states, it's handled the same way as alcohol: if you are suspected of drinking and driving (i.e., under the influence), you are obligated to take a breathalyzer (you can refuse, but guilt is assumed by law when you do this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Many states have a rule that evidence that a defendnat refused to take a chemical test may be used by a jury to infer that the reason why he refused that test was that he was intoxicated. However, the case is a lot weaker without a chemical test when its presented to a jury. Especially when it is DUI drugs you're charged with (as opposed to alcohol), when the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were under the influence of a particular drug, but has no chemical test to pinpoint which one.

[/ QUOTE ]
any good lawyer will tell you to refuse any test and take your chances in court

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see, you have two choices 1. take the test and be guilty 100% of the time, or 2. Anything is better then #1
Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 AM

lol wtf is ozzy retarded? jesus christ
Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cop haters,

Please explain to me what any of law enforcement did wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone in this thread even say anything bad about cops, or are you just looking for a fight?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:25 AM

Balla car.

Man, can't believe he consented to the search. Poor kid, GL to him.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:34 AM

how [censored] dumb do you have to be to consent to the cops request to search your car?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this guy sounds like a piece of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u kidding? ozzy is the man

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno if you heard but HE BROKE THE LAW BRO.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, very good chance car was getting searched no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. Warrant me pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for sure he should not consent. But, you have 19 year old, arab, out of state, new beamer, coming back from 'vegas, he's 19, and hick cop with visions of being hero who catches next terrorist.

And obviously for anyone who's not arab to pretend they understand dynamics of traffic stop in that scenario is pretty laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had kind of a similar experience last summer (I wasn't driving an awesome car with $50k in cash and I'm not arab, though...) and I refused a search.

I actually admitted to having had a couple drinks earlier in the night, but I passed all the field sobriety tests and was not given a breathalizer. The [censored] cop (there were 3 all in separate cars LOL) then goes over to my car and tells me I have one last chance to tell him if I have anything illegal in my car. I say no, and contest his right to search my car as he has no warrant or probable cause.

He then says "I saw you lean over when I pulled you over, that's probable cause, I think I know the law better than you I've been a cop longer than you've been alive"

I say "Well, I still don't think you have probable cause, and you certainly don't have a warrant, and I guarantee if I'm charged with anything tonight I will contest it in court"

He then CONTINUES to go into my car, at which point I tell him yes I had about a gram of weed in it. This was probably a mistake, but it was after he had already begun to search the car so I figured at that point, I had a case in court, plus I mean it's a cop's word against mine so I'm probably better off just being honest at this point.

They ask "Why are you so nervous?"

I respond "Because I got pulled over at 2am by 3 cops, I've been given sobriety tests, and now you've searched my car and found weed.... Let me smoke a bowl and I won't be so nervous anymore"

They ask "Why do you have weed on you when you're out of state"

I say "Because my weed wants to be in my lungs and it can't be in my lungs if I don't bring it with me"

There was some other sarcastic quip in there that I forget, but I think I made the 2 non-[censored] cops laugh enough to actually let me off without any kind of ticket (though they did steal my weed the bastards).

Anyway, point is, always say no to a search.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:38 AM

Sounds like you handled it perfectly.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont think all you legal whiz tough guys get it. Both Ozzy and barney fief were likely very nervous. Also, very good chance car was getting searched no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the only thing my parents ever taught me was to not let a cop search your car for no reason, whether or not you have something to hide. The cop runs no risk by asking the question and they will get lucky once in a while. But please please do not assume that just because they ask they will take the needed steps to search your car even if you turn them down.