Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: SSNL/MSNL house in Holland

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure, vpip100 and me are going to play the cashgame at the hc again, so probably no homegame tommorow, maybe next week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Everyone who is interested, qualified and can move in ASAP should contact nielsio trough msn/aim. Lets get this baby started.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM

Im soooo renting a room there for the summer / when im done with college if you guys are doing this!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM

Ok, turns out that the following is true:

If you want something in Amsterdam, it's gonna be expensive (1100-1500 eur/month), it's gonna be 3 bedrooms tops, small to medium livingroom, small or no garden, and no extra space. At the top end of the price scale they are nice though (everything modern and luxurious).

The availability only starts in North Amsterdam (above the canal), or far out to the South-East or West, or distances similar to that. Closer to the center things become smaller, more expensive, even less availability, etc.

If you go to distances like 30 min. train distance, things become quite different. Cities like Purmerend or Almere. There you find low prices (900-1200 eur/month), it's gonna be 3-4 large bedrooms, huge livingroom, huge garden, tons of extra space (like an attic where at least one person can live), parking space for everyone. And because these are actually houses ('vrij staand huis') or split-level ("2-onder-1-kap"), you have much more freedom to make noise (movies in the middle of the night, etc). Downside: the last train from Amsterdam Central Station to these cities leave at 00:30 or 00:40 . The earliest ones are 05:50 or 06:00 . I can also imagine you have more leeway in terms of financial restrictions, but I'll find out more about that after I call them up (today was hectic; didn't get a chance).

I'll make a list of the people who've responded so far; but let me know if you specifically want in Amsterdam or not.

Getting something in Amsterdam is possible, but it's probably going to be for 2 or 3 people max, and then it's no longer a project but something you do amongst each other.

For myself, I have an extra option, namely a friend of mine might be moving to Canada at the end of the year and he wants to sublet his apartment and I could live there with 1 other person. But it's only a possibility and he might not even go, so that's why I'm seriously looking for other options, like what we're doing here.

I mean, it would be possible to have a big baller house for many people in Amsterdam, but it's going to be wayyyy expensive, and personally that's not something I'm looking for now (esp with the financial restrictions).
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Bump for Dutch morning crew.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've discussed this idea with some other players(Roelof-Julien if anyone knows them), and I'm definitely interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roefish and the Baas are down for this?

Magicplayers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Who are you irl bombay?
Also yeah i might be down for this, but have to talk some stuff through with school.
I don't have any rush tho, ideally would be somewhere in february for me.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 PM

I dont really have a preference for either A'dam or another city. I dont mind to pay 600-900 a month if we get something nice for that.

Also, I'm prolly going to A'dam this friday, maybe a idea to go out to dinner together?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Talked to the real estate guys today (this one: http://www.interimmo.nl/ ).

The deal usually is that your 'bruto' salary (= before taxes) is 3 times a month's rent. So if the rent is 800, you need to earn 2400 before taxes.

However, we don't have a job. But he told me that something could be worked out. For example: paying 3 times bail ('borg'; the stuff you pay in case of problems, which you get back later), and having a parent as a 'garantstelling' (signature of guarantee).

Aside from that there is a fee for the broker, which is 1 month's rent.

I also asked about availability, and he said essentially what's on the website is what is available. This is different from the time I spoke with a broker in Amsterdam, where for most houses there are multiple people who want it and there is a whole process. Although the more expensive something is, the less this exists ofcourse.

But if you're looking in the pricerange 900-1200 in Amsterdam, that's really where it starts here so you get tons of people, where Almere, not so much.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 PM

Im down but not for another 10 months or so
Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you irl bombay?
Also yeah i might be down for this, but have to talk some stuff through with school.
I don't have any rush tho, ideally would be somewhere in february for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

roelof [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

if you guys do this maybe i will visit sometime like next summer.