Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: I learned about waco tonight..

[ QUOTE ]
There is no such thing as 'illegal firearms' in the United States, no matter what the police tell you. The constitution is still the highest law of the land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very helpful to the discussion.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The fact that they killed themselves also shows the "slaughtered" statement to be misleading. "

How convienant. One group rolls in with weapons and tanks and hand grenades, and the other group just kills themselves. Sounds plausible to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so [censored] amazed that anyone could possibly believe that; or that they have the nerve to spin it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed how you would know any differently. Lighting the place on fire makes no sense for the government to do it. But whatever fits your agenda. The government must used the same crew to put explosives in it as they did in the World Trade Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that burning the place down made no sense for the feds. I also think that pumping tear gas into the compound for SIX STRAIGHT HOURS into areas that contained babies and small children makes no sense either, but this is what the FBI did.

In any case, the tear gas and the methelyne chloride that it was dissolved in are both inflammable, so at the very least, the FBI was pumping in inflammible substance into the compound. Whether or not they lit the match, I cannot say.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lighting the place on fire makes no sense for the government to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure the gas they were pumping in was flammable.
in any case, it makes no sense to shoot up a house full of children in order to save the children, in the first place, so I don't think it's useful to assume the fbi/atf were acting rationally. In fact I think a strong case could be made that they were in assault mode and viewed everyone in that house as 'enemy combatants' that needed to be killed or subdued in any way possible.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in any case, it makes no sense to shoot up a house full of children in order to save the children, in the first place, so I don't think it's useful to assume the fbi/atf were acting rationally. In fact I think a strong case could be made that they were in assault mode and viewed everyone in that house as 'enemy combatants' that needed to be killed or subdued in any way possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. The ATF and FBI are a bunch of insane killers. Calling them a cult would be too mild.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. The ATF and FBI are a bunch of insane killers. Calling them a cult would be too mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the haruchi sniper guy did kill vicki weaver when she was unarmed and holding a baby, and got promoted for it, so it's hard to argue with you.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so get this. After I graduated from school, I wanted to work for the FBI. So I applied and luckily enough I got invited in for an interview/examination. Well I passed with flying colors (was there ever any doubt) and they came in, shook my hand and said "Nice work, now it's time for the real test". I was like "Uhh cool, am I in or what" and they said "Almost."

So they take me into this back room and there's an ATF agent there, and I'm like "Uhhh I thought this was the FBI, not the ATF, what gives" and they told me that they're just puppets of the same entity. I was like "ok whatever, so what's this test" and they handed me a loaded Walther P99 (I thought the FBI prefered Glocks as the standard sidearm, but whatever). Then they wheel out this carriage, and I lean in to look inside and there is a baby in there, couldn't have been more then 6-7 months old. So I was like "Ok am I babysitting now" and they're like "Not exactly".
Then one of them says "Last test, you have to kill the baby". So of course I was like "Umm I'm not gonna shoot the baby, for starters that's wrong, and even if it weren't, there's cameras all over and like 10 people in here" and they said "Don't worry, we can cover anything up, we're the government" he made sure to say "the government" with that really spooky voice too.'
So I was like well if I'm this close, what's one baby, so I shot it, I mean hell he was probably going to grow up to be evil anyway right, and plus for a solid 50-60k a year I can totally betray any morals I thought I had. Then they guys were like "Wow, you killed the baby, you're gonna fit in well here...Agent Tanner". I was really excited.

I really shouldn't be telling you guys any of this, cause it's Nat'l security or whatever, but I figured a guy as sharp as Niels would be likely to figure it out anyway, and I wanted to tell you on my terms. Please don't think less of me.

Cody
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so get this. After I graduated from school, I wanted to work for the FBI. So I applied and luckily enough I got invited in for an interview/examination. Well I passed with flying colors (was there ever any doubt) and they came in, shook my hand and said "Nice work, now it's time for the real test". I was like "Uhh cool, am I in or what" and they said "Almost."

So they take me into this back room and there's an ATF agent there, and I'm like "Uhhh I thought this was the FBI, not the ATF, what gives" and they told me that they're just puppets of the same entity. I was like "ok whatever, so what's this test" and they handed me a loaded Walther P99 (I thought the FBI prefered Glocks as the standard sidearm, but whatever). Then they wheel out this carriage, and I lean in to look inside and there is a baby in there, couldn't have been more then 6-7 months old. So I was like "Ok am I babysitting now" and they're like "Not exactly".
Then one of them says "Last test, you have to kill the baby". So of course I was like "Umm I'm not gonna shoot the baby, for starters that's wrong, and even if it weren't, there's cameras all over and like 10 people in here" and they said "Don't worry, we can cover anything up, we're the government" he made sure to say "the government" with that really spooky voice too.'
So I was like well if I'm this close, what's one baby, so I shot it, I mean hell he was probably going to grow up to be evil anyway right, and plus for a solid 50-60k a year I can totally betray any morals I thought I had. Then they guys were like "Wow, you killed the baby, you're gonna fit in well here...Agent Tanner". I was really excited.

I really shouldn't be telling you guys any of this, cause it's Nat'l security or whatever, but I figured a guy as sharp as Niels would be likely to figure it out anyway, and I wanted to tell you on my terms. Please don't think less of me.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=11230015
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be nice to reduce thinking to such a black and white level. Everything is 0 or 1. No analog. Everyone is either an angel or the devil.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be nice to reduce thinking to such a black and white level. Everything is 0 or 1. No analog. Everyone is either an angel or the devil.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post hitler
Old 07-21-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Metric,

Are you a voluntaryist?

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose so. With regard to government, I guess you could call me an "asymptotic ACist," if you take my meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think an immediate end to all government right now is necessarily a good idea, but I think that over the long term, the ideal situation is that government becomes closer and closer to nonexistent -- and the sooner we get started on this track, the better.

So I guess this means that as of right now, I'd be better described as a Libertarian than an ACist -- but extrapolating into the future, ACism is where I'd like to see things eventually go.