Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

[ QUOTE ]
What is this Sammy Farha bitching "Morri you don't invite me here if I am not comfortable" - "this guy behind me watching"

[/ QUOTE ]
Sammy semmed to be complaining that the people sitting behind him on the couch (other players' guests) were talking during the hand, giving Phil insurance, etc.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM

I think Jamie Gold making out that Phil was just trying to grab TV time and do some Hollywood [censored] was out of line. A subtle hint is enough, and if Hellmuth takes longer then it's because he's got a real decision.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The group tonight may have been the worst collection of high stakes players in the annals of $300 to $600 NL plus an additional $900 in antis. Sammy Farha is a complete clueless joke. Mike Baxters call all in on that last hand was beyond atrocious. Jamie Gold is being himself as usual. ie. more concerned about winning by a bluff than having positive results.

The entire group was calling big raises preflop with total crap. I thought Eliezras call of two all ins with the AA was pretty hopeless, notwithstanding it turned out right. One of those two other idiots who played that hand is supposed to have at least two pair.

Does anyone know how to play this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have to agree with everything you say here. I like it when Daniel Negreanu said "lock the door and don't let anyone out. This is the best game I've ever played in."

Both of the amateurs are ticking timebombs. Safai got out alive. Baxter completely self destructed. I don't understand Farha.. i.e. where does this guy make money b/c he is losing a fortune at this game.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did I just see that? Mike Baxtor had a brain fart. WTF was that AI with KQo?

And Eli calling there? he and Sammy must be playing the same money.

West Coast viewer. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only way the play makes sense to me is that Baxter thought he had 10 outs, and thus had the odds to call. He actually did have 10 outs against Sammy. His blunder was that he forgot about the pre-flop raiser who had yet to act behind him (or maybe he thought Eli would not overcall without a monster). In any case, he was marginally correct to call if all parts fell into place, but idiotically wrong if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only has 10 outs if you assume a single K or Q makes his hand. Even against Sammy that's a poor assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Baxter could have been ahead.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Me too, deaders. Me too.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that as if Eli should have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first watched it I thought it was a bad call but I've thought about it and I see that it wasn't. Obviously he is calling against Farha 99.9% of the time there. And what could Baxtor have had to be pushing AI with? I also think Eli knew they'd agree to running it twice (Hadn't Baxtor agreed to that in earlier hands?). So yes, it was a good call for those stakes. Now, in my B&M 2/3 or 3/5 game I'd have to bail out there with AA.

Does anyone have the stack sizes and how much extra Baxtor's all in was? There seemed to be some confusion on the broadcast. At one point Eli said it was only 8500 more but it seemed like it should have been more than that.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did I just see that? Mike Baxtor had a brain fart. WTF was that AI with KQo?

West Coast viewer. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only way the play makes sense to me is that Baxter thought he had 10 outs, and thus had the odds to call. He actually did have 10 outs against Sammy. His blunder was that he forgot about the pre-flop raiser who had yet to act behind him (or maybe he thought Eli would not overcall without a monster). In any case, he was marginally correct to call if all parts fell into place, but idiotically wrong if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only has 10 outs if you assume a single K or Q makes his hand. Even against Sammy that's a poor assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Baxter could have been ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must have thought he was for him to make that AI move there. Like I said: Weird.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any guesses on why Safai's hand was shaking so badly on that last hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of about 300000 reasons why.

People like to act and talk tough but 300K is a lot of fuxing money. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can afford your own private jet w/pilot...you can afford to dump $300k in Vegas.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, in my B&M 2/3 or 3/5 game I'd have to bail out there with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The low stakes 1/2 & 2/5 nl B&M games I play in, my AA would have been up against a flopped straight & top set looking to fill up...so, thru clenched teeth, I'd have to begrudgingly fold.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I try to not hate Jamie Gold but calling a clock when there is over 200,000 in the middle is a prick thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I yelled at my tv when that happened. There's $200,000 out there; Phil should be allowed ten freakin' minutes if he wants it. What a dick move.