Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Beat: Convicted of Playing Poker

[ QUOTE ]
so much white priviledge and entitlement in the story

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Plus, thinly veiled disgust for most things Thai. Who can disagree with that? What the [censored] are you two even fighting about?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:24 AM

probably the longest thing I've ever read on 2+2, but worthwile. What I think a lot of people don't understand is that it wasn't so bad that he was in jail for however many hours it was the fact that they had no clue of what was going on with the system.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:29 AM

Last time I went to a country and they weren't speaking my native language I killed 'em.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see. You said this stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe she lub you, only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
your gf used 2b a whore kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you said this stuff..
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said. that would just be ignorant and stupid,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you'll try and count how many of your assertions now look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Quite clearly I was well off the mark with my comments. Someone's made themself look silly here.....I don't think it's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, it is actually, although I appreciate you using the word "think" as it shows your own doubt on the matter.

Are you even being serious?

The first two quotes are statements of fact, would you like to deny their truth? My opinions have developed due to the conversations I've had in Thai with Thai people. I don't think that makes me more qualified to give an opinion than anyone else, but, at the very least, it counts for something more than your wildly overblown generalizations.

The next two quotes were both jokes, one of which I explained already.

In fact, I've already given a more than adequate reply to all the stupid things you said, perhaps you should get someone to explain it to you?

If you wish to use me as a sounding board for your own insecurities and prejudice then I'm happy to accommodate you, but you can't just randomly gather quotes together and pretend that any point you were struggling to make has now been proven.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't very smart are you?

I also see reading comprehension of your own words isn't your strong suit either.

So which is it?

[ QUOTE ]
The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR

[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said.

[/ QUOTE ]

And,
is it:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OR

[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. Keep wriggling and drive the hook in a bit deeper.
BTW is English your 1st language?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see. You said this stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you said this stuff..
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said. that would just be ignorant and stupid,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you'll try and count how many of your assertions now look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Quite clearly I was well off the mark with my comments. Someone's made themself look silly here.....I don't think it's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, it is actually, although I appreciate you using the word "think" as it shows your own doubt on the matter.

Are you even being serious?

The first two quotes are statements of fact, would you like to deny their truth? My opinions have developed due to the conversations I've had in Thai with Thai people. I don't think that makes me more qualified to give an opinion than anyone else, but, at the very least, it counts for something more than your wildly overblown generalizations.

The next two quotes were both jokes, one of which I explained already.

In fact, I've already given a more than adequate reply to all the stupid things you said, perhaps you should get someone to explain it to you?

If you wish to use me as a sounding board for your own insecurities and prejudice then I'm happy to accommodate you, but you can't just randomly gather quotes together and pretend that any point you were struggling to make has now been proven.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't very smart are you?

I also see reading comprehension of your own words isn't your strong suit either.

So which is it?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OR

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And,
is it:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OR

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. Keep wriggling and drive the hook in a bit deeper.
BTW is English your 1st language?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel embarrassed for you.

Here is a Link that will introduce you to concepts known as Resolution and Logic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolution_(logic)

Try to make it to this bit:

"In first order logic, resolution condenses the traditional syllogisms of logical inference down to a single rule.

To understand how resolution works, consider the following example syllogism of term logic:

All Greeks are Europeans.
Homer is a Greek.
Therefore, Homer is a European."

There are lots of other links for you to explore on that page, you might even have some fun whilst you learn.

1) Did I say "The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years."

Why, yes I did.

2) Did I say "all Thais are corrupt"?

No, no I did not.

3) Would it be fair to make that inference from the information given in comment 1)?

No, you would have to be stupid.

4) Are all Thai people officials of the government?

No.

5)Did I make a joke about that guy's gf being an ex-whore?

Yes, I did that and I laughed. I just laughed again...childish I know.

6) Does this mean that his gf used to be a whore?

No, no it doesn't.

6) Does this mean I think all Thai women are whores?

No, it doesn't.

I'd also like to point you towards the post where I mentioned that I'm married to a Thai woman who has never worked as a prostitute. This would seem to be a fair indicator that disputes your accusation, I hope you take it under consideration, sir. Also, if I truly thought that all Thai people were corrupt, I wouldn't be running a business out of Thailand either...but I foolishly thought you could weave these threads together on your own.

As for English being my first language? LOL, sir is pleased to jest and I enjoy that. English is one in a long list of languages that I speak and write better than you, son.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 AM

LMAO

I doubt you understand logic at all.

But let's try some:

14 Post troll explains from his high moral perch how
-OP is stupid
-All Thais are corrupt
-All Thai women are whores looking for walking ATMs
-OP's gf is a whore

Then tells us how he DIDN't say any of those things, even when presented with his own words.

Therefore, reviewing your words and ridiculous backtracking of them, I should assume
A) You are brilliant beyond reproach
OR
B) You are a conceited selfserving douchebag troll

I'm going with option B as all of your grand 14 posts so far have proven little of A and a lot of B.

PS How old are you and how much younger is your Thai wife?
PPS Is it warm in your little world where you can preach, insult, and lie then claim to have done none of them?
PPPS How many languages do I speak? If the answer is "You don't know." Excellent retort at the end SON.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO

But let's try some:

-OP is stupid
-All Thais are corrupt
-OP's gf is a whore

Then tells us how he DIDN't say any of those things, even when presented with his own words.

Therefore, reviewing your words and ridiculous backtracking of them, I should assume
OR

I'm going with option B as all of your grand 14 posts so far have proven little of A and a lot of B.

PPS Is it warm in your little world where you can preach, insult, and lie then claim to have done none of them?
PPPS How many languages do I speak? If the answer is "You don't know." Excellent retort at the end SON.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't bring myself to explain it all to you again, I feel as though I've failed you in some way as your lack of understanding, whilst amusing, serves to show me how little I've achieved by talking to you. My bad.

I asked you to dispute the truth of the statements I made, you refused to do this, instead you've made assumptions and quite literally changed the words and inferences to suit yourself.

You're a Thailand n00b, plain and simple. You've lived there for 5 months and you already think you know it all, I guess I was never confident enough to believe I had nothing else to learn about a new culture.

PS I'm 28 and my wife is 2 years older than me.

PPS I've neither preached nor lied about anything in any of my posts, they are my opinion and I stand by it. If you've felt insulted then perhaps there is a silver-lining after all.

PPS I don't need to know how many languages you speak to make my previous assertion, I only need to know how many I can speak, then base this against the likelihood of you being conversant in those languages.

PPPS If you want to continue this then send me a PM and we can discuss it on MSN or AIM.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO

But let's try some:

-OP is stupid
-All Thais are corrupt
-OP's gf is a whore

OR

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't bring myself to explain it all to you again, I feel as though I've failed you in some way as your lack of understanding, whilst amusing, serves to show me how little I've achieved by talking to you. My bad.

I asked you to dispute the truth of the statements I made, you refused to do this, instead you've made assumptions and quite literally changed the words and inferences to suit yourself.

You're a Thailand n00b, plain and simple. You've lived there for 5 months and you already think you know it all, I guess I was never confident enough to believe I had nothing else to learn about a new culture.

PS I'm 28 and my wife is 2 years older than me.

PPS I've neither preached nor lied about anything in any of my posts, they are my opinion and I stand by it. If you've felt insulted then perhaps there is a silver-lining after all.

PPS I don't need to know how many languages you speak to make my previous assertion, I only need to know how many I can speak, then base this against the likelihood of you being conversant in those languages.

PPPS If you want to continue this then send me a PM and we can discuss it on MSN or AIM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remains the solid favorite then.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Looks like
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remains the solid favorite then.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Selfserving? This has all been charity work.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 AM

Can please everyone stop pretending to be a f* elitist/playboy/friend of every thai government officials/never been to nana plaza/never pays only go with nice thai girls/ fluent thai speaker surrounded by people with degrees and great jobs/ in those thailand threads and be nice to each other ?

pretty please

That's so f* stupid everybody knows we live here for the booty, the sun and the relax way of life and nobody cares if our girlfriends are ex-hookers/daughter of the king or if we drink chang beer with ice.

I start to understand why some farangs living in thailand avoid the other farangs as much as they can.