Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: God I hate AQ

Ok so I'm gonna go and bring this thread back from the dead to say why I made it. I was moving apts, so I didn't have much time last week.

In this hand, villian had KK. I ended up getting 2nd in this tourney, I believe in large part because of this hand. The reason I made this thread is that it was the second time in as many days that I'd seen villians do this. The other time I had ATs. The situation was a little different, but basically I think I called a minraise or something like that.

The point is, that people just could not get away from overpairs (both times they had KK), late in the tourney, as big stacks, when an A flopped. I think people here would do well to remember this, that people freak out late in donkaments and dig holes deeper and deeper for themselves because they feel they just have to win every hand.

People don't play like we do, that's why we (tend) to win.

Also, I personally doubt AK ever minraises pf in this spot, that was a big part of my decision process. I knew I was ahead so often that i just had to go all the way with this hand.