Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: LOL, Donkaments.

[ QUOTE ]
It all makes sense now, aejones is a giant douchebag because he's a UNC fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait but he's not a duke fan tho... im confused...
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM

guys guys... all you have to do to reduce variance is enter tournaments with multiple accounts. that way you can enter the sunday million as much as you want!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys guys... all you have to do to reduce variance is enter tournaments with multiple accounts. that way you can enter the sunday million as much as you want!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this is unethical, but what is everybody's thoughts on staking other players and then taking over for them if they make it far after you yourself have been knocked out?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-20-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly this is unethical, but what is everybody's thoughts on staking other players and then taking over for them if they make it far after you yourself have been knocked out?

[/ QUOTE ]

That sure seems like a slippery slope. Personally I'd say this is only okay for a blood relation of the same gender who is within 1 generation. So your son would be okay, but not your grandmother. Others may see this line differently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is probably unethical in most people's opinions, but at the same time its still sort of a gray area. It is very rare that I make a final table and don't have either people in the room helping, or people on AIM giving me advice. The same goes with friends of mine/people I stake. I will tend to give them advice at final tables, which is not far from actually playing for them.

I once took over for a friend of mine who was in deal-making, and was unsure how to get the maximum out of the deal, so I took over for him, and after telling jurollo about this, he said that its against the stars T&C as I had played the same tournament already myself, so I guess this should probably be considered unethical.

It seems like a particularly gray area particularly for people in waterloo since most Sunday's we play at the same place, and anytime someone goes deep in something, they will have advice from several players, and likely all players would play the same regardless of who was holding the mouse.

Just some rambling, I suppose its unethical, but there are other similar activities that I do/have done that are also probably considered unethical.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly this is unethical, but what is everybody's thoughts on staking other players and then taking over for them if they make it far after you yourself have been knocked out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is perfectly acceptable (ie reason for you to stake me.) If you do not stake me, then it is pretty stupid idea because when you stake, you give them permission to play the whole tournament, not just until you get out. ALso, if you did takeover, would the staking deal be then canceled?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Noah, all --

Those numbers are illuminating, but also note that excellent players' winning chances are way way better than 1/3000. Many are better than 1/1000.

--Nate
Old 03-20-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this post was a joke. This is not only unethical but against Poker Stars terms of service.

Item number 21 states:

"With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:
You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited."

If the area is gray, stay out if it. Don't look for loopholes in Poker. Didn't we learn anything from the ZeeJustin and JJProdigy scandals? It's not fair to other players and it's bad for Poker.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is probably unethical in most people's opinions, but at the same time its still sort of a gray area. It is very rare that I make a final table and don't have either people in the room helping, or people on AIM giving me advice. The same goes with friends of mine/people I stake. I will tend to give them advice at final tables, which is not far from actually playing for them.

It seems like a particularly gray area particularly for people in waterloo since most Sunday's we play at the same place, and anytime someone goes deep in something, they will have advice from several players, and likely all players would play the same regardless of who was holding the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all players would play the same regardless of who was holding the mouse, why is there any need for helping/coaching?