Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Beyonce only wants blacks to buy her cd\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I opened this thread I thought to myself, "There is almost no way she actually said that, and if she even said anything like it, the OP has taken it out of context and blown it out of proportion."

I am brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lauryn Hill actually said it though. [censored] off Lauryn I own your [censored] and sing to it too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this just a gut feeling? Or are you not aware that this rumor has been thoroughly debunked?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:43 PM

"Kill all da' white people..."
Old 09-22-2006, 11:45 PM

who cares! what is really offensive is people actually buying her cds! why would you do that if you can download em for free!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you bodhisattva,

I'm seriously not a racist guys, I'm not trying to start something big, all i'm saying is that if this was the other way around with a white person saying his music was for white people we'd never hear the end of it because it would be racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's so obviously true and yet somehow we just accept when a black person says her music is for blacks, I just don't understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Retard:

Get this through your thick [censored] skull. She said she makes "black music," not "music for blacks." If someone makes "soul music," it doesn't mean it's "music for souls."
Old 09-23-2006, 12:01 AM

Question:

Anybody bother to read the friggin' interview to put the quote in context?

[ QUOTE ]
The film, costarring Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy, deals with issues of race in romance and culture — including the compromises a black group has to make in crossing over. Beyoncé says compromise is one thing she doesn’t have in common with Deena Jones . “I make black records,” she says indignantly. “I write records like I speak, and I don’t try to change my songs so everyone else likes them.” It’s a sensitive subject. When Farrah Franklin left Destiny’s Child, she alleged that she’d been told to darken her hair so that Beyoncé would stand out more. A 2005 Vanity Fair cover on which Beyoncé looked particularly fair sparked rumors about digitally altered skin tones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deena Jones is the character (ie Diana Ross) she plays in the movie Dreamgirls.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 AM

Here's the original article from Blender that is referenced in the other article. It would seem that the first aricle is drawing some conculsions that don't really seem to be there.

Beyonce Blender Mag Interview
Old 09-23-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong I love classic soul from the 60s and blues, but I would bet that Muddy Waters or Otis Redding would laugh at my white ass grooving to their music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be much happier if you hang tight and keep your money in your wallet until some tool like Michael Bolton rips them off and makes it safe for you to purchase their music without feeling self-conscious (or paying them a dime).
Old 09-23-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine if garth brooks said "hey, i make white music"

hahah he would be demonized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's the same deal as "white pride" vs. "black pride." At worst, black pride movements are considered radical, whereas white pride movements are automatically considered hate groups. Not saying it's right or wrong... it's just that black pride is accepted because it's a reaction to centuries of exploitation by whites.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong I love classic soul from the 60s and blues, but I would bet that Muddy Waters or Otis Redding would laugh at my white ass grooving to their music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it... why should you have to belong to a certain race to appreciate excellent music? Most artists want as broad an audience as possible.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:51 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I've never been one to call for a '*' to be given out, but I'm asking for one here.

The use of logically falacies on this board make my head want to explode and I think use of one should be an automatic *.
Closed Thread