Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Played Poker With A White Supremacist Last Night

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, there are still white people left in America? I thought they had all died out by now. Don't worry, it won't be too much longer before all the white people have either interbred or died out or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOEVER YOU PEOPLE ARE PLZ JUST GO TO NEVERWINPOKER OR STORMFRONT.ORG. WHY DO YOU POST HERE????????
Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: i dont care about the epic thread or the politics...

[ QUOTE ]
However, both of these rather touchy situations have come up right here in vegas.

In the case of the cardcap, it was clearly not a pre third reich relic of gambling merchandise. The player was told to remove it or remove themselves, much to their annoyance.

It seems the monte carlo just let them play the night away, blissfully uncaring as long as that rake was going down the hole.

What I was most concerned with was whether a business exercising their right to do business (or not do business) with whomever they please for whatever reason they wish interferes with someones right to free speech. I think I've gathered that the answer to that is "no."

Most importantly, could he sue the company for violating his free speech rights if they kick him out just for displaying the tat(oos? I'm gathering the answer is again no. Please clarify if I'm wrong here.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Free Speech Rights are the right not to have the government interfere with your expression of ideas. The Monte Carlo is not a governental agency.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few weeks later I was out with friends and we were attacked by a group of skinheads - the real kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What year was this? Based on your age this doesn't make sense, while you were in college there were no white supremest Skinheads in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They could not have been white supremest skinheads unless they were British skinheads visiting the US. Back then there wasn't even a link between the Aryan Nation/KKK and Skinheads. oddly thats a good thing, I hope you can take some solace int hat fact. I don't doubt you were attacked of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask them what their affiliations were TT.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few weeks later I was out with friends and we were attacked by a group of skinheads - the real kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What year was this? Based on your age this doesn't make sense, while you were in college there were no white supremest Skinheads in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They could not have been white supremest skinheads unless they were British skinheads visiting the US. Back then there wasn't even a link between the Aryan Nation/KKK and Skinheads. oddly thats a good thing, I hope you can take some solace int hat fact. I don't doubt you were attacked of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask them what their affiliations were TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - touche!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 AM

harshly prejudging a man based “solely” upon body art, regardless of how personally offensive you may find it, is an uncomfortably short step from condemning him due to preconceived notions concerning skin color, religion, or nationality.

If you must judge, then measure a man on his words and actions towards you and others, not on a knee jerk reaction to an emotion stirring symbol on his skin. There are a myriad of reasons people choose to tattoo themselves at different intervals in their lives, many of which fad far faster than the ink.

He may be a Jew hating neo-Nazi scumbag that is best avoided. He may also be a born again, god loving family man, who if asked would express remorse and shame at mistakes made during the ignorance of his youth. He may just be a regular guy with a healthy sprinkle of admirable and flawed traits just like you.

If an unknown individual’s tattoo presents such a major issue for you that the need to take action is overwhelming, then be a man and ask him politely about it and perhaps learn something, or remove yourself from the situation. Don’t look for a floorman to play character adjudicator for you. He doesn’t need the grief.

If you happen to be stuck on who or what you or others are, just don’t forget where you are. In a card room all players worship at the same table, and unless you’re Jerry Yang, the poker gods don’t play favorites or pass judgments.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always have such interesting "authoritative" ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oddly I am an expert on the subject of Skinheads from the late 50's to 80's, the absolute beginners, and the rise of white power in the US. I spent my late teenage years to the age of 21 fighting members of the Aryan Nation. I was listed in Blood & Honor as a "person of interest" - for my activities fighting the spread of the white power movement. Its safe to say I know what I'm talking about on this subject.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 AM

1st time in a cardroom?

Who cares?

You might be suprised at some of the backgrounds of people you play cards with.

People who think he should be booted just for walking in are way too uptight.

b
Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

harshly prejudging a man based “solely” upon body art, regardless of how personally offensive you may find it, is an uncomfortably short step from condemning him due to preconceived notions concerning skin color, religion, or nationality.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait what? Are you a real person with a real brain? How can anyone think this stuff? WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE COME FROM AND WHY WON'T YOU GO AWAY?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always have such interesting "authoritative" ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oddly I am an expert on the subject of Skinheads from the late 50's to 80's, the absolute beginners, and the rise of white power in the US. I spent my late teenage years to the age of 21 fighting members of the Aryan Nation. I was listed in Blood & Honor as a "person of interest" - for my activities fighting the spread of the white power movement. Its safe to say I know what I'm talking about on this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is blood and honor?
do you mean blood in the face?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is blood and honor?
do you mean blood in the face?

[/ QUOTE ]

a white-power magazine published by Ian Stewart (deceased)