Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Cingular Wireless

[ QUOTE ]
I have an old Nokia 8290, which I think is on the old TDMA network. Am I pretty much screwed in buying unlocked phones too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes pretty much, if you're on the TDMA network, sadly you cannot buy unlocked phones =/
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the help

I've been with cingular for roughly 4 years now and still have the original nokia phone

Can I get a new phone for free without having to pay for a higher priced monthly package? I'm on a $30/month package (before taxes) for like 250 anytime minutes and somewhere between 1000 and unlimited nights/weekend. No rollover. I obviously don't use my phone much.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man you are eligible for a discounted price on a phone, and it would not be required for you to change your rate plan. on the topic of rate plans, we have one just a little more than the plan you have now, and it includes rollover minutes: $39.99/month 450 Rollover minutes per month, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile, 5000 Night/Weekend minutes.

Back on the topic of the phone, if you wanted a free/cheap phone, that will come with a 2 year agreement, starting on the day of purchase
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM

How come Cingular's customer service sucks so bad? I was with them for four years, and I'm a moron for not having left earlier. Worst thing they did: one of the moron customer service reps CHANGED MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER in my account information, and with that apparently being the only way to believe I was who I was, made me fax a copy of my social security card (which I didn't have at the time, which is actually my fault), and when it was all said and done, swear to God, not a single word of apologize, with them acting the whole time as if it were my fault. This was after I had been with them for two years.

I know there's bound to be negative anecdotal evidence for every provider, but that coupled with NEVER having a positive experience with Cingular's customer support, including a big old hoopla over them telling me they were doing one thing to my plan, then NOT doing it, then making it an impossible deal to get changed on my bill.

So yea, I hate Cingular.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 AM

sorry to hear that bro, you must have reached one of our southern call centers. they have some MORANS workin there. my call center is among the best and wish you would have received mine, or even ME! sorry to hear it =/