Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth 27 Bluff Makes Matusow Fold KK

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to watch the tape again later, but I think you are thinking more about a standard cash game or tournament hand with this. HSP is not the same and the same logical thinking does not apply. You've put Helmuth (from Matasow's prospective) on way too few hands. He could be on any ace suited, any pair, and maybe even A6, which is what Mike eventualy ends up believing by his "you hit a 2-outer on the river" comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
After the big river bet Matusow says "I know he hit a 2-outer on me", but I don't think he was talking about the river. He was probably talking about QQ or perhaps JJ. It's hard to put Hellmuth on the other hands you mentioned - A6, a pair, or Axs because he isn't going to reraise with those hands preflop and isn't going to bet big on the turn with them. Hellmuth doesn't play big bet poker. Did you see him the last time he was on HSP? He bets 1/2 the pot or less almost all of the time. In the WSOP episode that aired last week, he had AK against two opponents, flopped top pair on a K-7-7r board and bet 2k into 12k. Hard to call down big bets against a player like that.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth 27 Bluff Makes Matusow Fold KK

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a sick bluff... but I dont fault Mike for folding on the river, he cant beat much. Not as bad a laydown as Ivey in season 3 against Brad Booth.

Good episode though. I read somewhere that the minimum buy-in for this season was $500k.. guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

now correct me if i'm wrong, and i would have never brought it up if you didn't first, but i believe that Brad Booth bought into that game with a cool million correct?