Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

I had like a 5.xx order at wendys, hand over like 21 bucks, the little girl gets confuzzed, gets the manager over then gives me the correct change. Manager walks away, and for some reason I do the "keep it comin'" hand signal and she pulls out four ones and hands them over. Jedi mind trick at its finest.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my favorite is when your total is 15.xx-16 dollars and you give the cashier 21 dollars. invariably they tell you that it's only 16 dollars. then they try and give you the single back. then you tell them you want a five back. they look at you quizically. i have resorted to just telling them to punch 21 into the cash register and give me the change.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because when cashiers get trained nowadays no one teaches them this stuff, so when you do it to a cashier they get confused. Also all cashiers think all customers are retards so they just assume that the customer somehow got the price wrong (which happens all the time).
Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thats pretty pathetic. I wouldnt share that with too many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's pretty pathetic is when dealing with the general public, most just write you off as a moron and feel like they can treat you any way they please.

I can't tell you off when you're a dick to me, even though most deserve it, so I [censored] with you in ways I can. There is absolutely no reason to ever be a dick to someone in a job like a cashier, unless the cashier is the one being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you pull a big one on them by giving them 5 $1s, at least their suspicion of you being a moron is confirmed.

It's not the fact that you're a cashier. Some people are just dicks. Go ask a doctor with 12 years of education if people are dicks to him.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's one about a stupid customer instead of a stupid cashier. My first job was at a supermarket. Some guy buys stuff and the total is $12.90. The guy hands me a twenty dollar bill and ten cents thinking that this amount will render only paper bills in change. I am confused but don't say anything because I was only 14 and somewhat shy. I ring it up, look at the register, and give him back $7.20 at which point he gets mad and starts bitching about my incompetence to do math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have many years of being a cashier under my belt and ever gig, I became the #1 cashier pretty quickly because I'm not a moron, fast and can solve problems on my own.

This exact situation would happen to me at least once a day in any gig I worked at. I wouldn't say a word, I'd just give them the correct change back. Most would realize they were a moron right away. Others would stand there puzzled until I explained it out to them and others, like in your situation, would get pissed.

I always loved showing up the ones who would get pissed.

-------------

I loved being a dick to people who were dicks to me, which I think might be the case in a lot of these "cashier horror stories". Anytime someone would give me money because they wanted higher bills, like $5.25 total and they give me $21, if they were a dick, I'd give them back 5 $1 bills instead of a $5 bill. I'd always get the "what a [censored] cashier" look, but I'd be the one with the last laugh. Some would bitch because I didn't give them a $5 bill and my answer would always be "I'm sorry, I don't have enough to give out. If you want change, you can go to the customer service desk and they will do it for you."

God I loved [censored] with people in those days.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats pretty pathetic. I wouldnt share that with too many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is pathetic at all. In my opinion, the only way I'd be able to get through a job like this would be if I was messing with people and laughing at them in my head. Seriously - these jobs are brutal, messing with [censored] makes it a lot more bearable.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Went to play pool w/ a date few years ago.

While turning in the equipment to get my ID I was asked my last name.

I say Russell.

Super hot counter girl asks, "is that Russell with an R?"

[/ QUOTE ]

so the girl was simply confirming she heard you correctly? i imagine there was music playing and she was separated by the distance of at least the depth of the bar if she was standing immediately in front of you.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have many years of being a cashier under my belt and ever gig, I became the #1 cashier pretty quickly because I'm not a moron, fast and can solve problems on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Needs no additional comment but just to pile on; way to overacheive superstar.

Silly [censored] like you make buying basic [censored] harder than it should be but at least your self esteem is high.

Rad burn on the singles, I'm sure they frequently look back on that moment as a major life disappointment, that is when they aren't busy actually living their lives.

J
Old 07-09-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Needs no additional comment but just to pile on; way to overacheive superstar.

Silly [censored] like you make buying basic [censored] harder than it should be but at least your self esteem is high.

Rad burn on the singles, I'm sure they frequently look back on that moment as a major life disappointment, that is when they aren't busy actually living their lives.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, usually when I see someoen say something like this, I just imagine the dude walking out of the store with 4 singles, jumping into his aston martin and going home to nail some hot chick, while the cashier is standing there all smug.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 AM

Well since everyone is posting up their cashier stories I might as well post mine. I once was a cashier for a large conglomerate with the initals of WM. And we used to have all these contests every month where the fastest cashier got $100 or w/e. on my 2nd month there I basically figured out all the tricks to being a cashier and how to basically trick the system, the computers, and the registers. You would be rated by like items per hour and I was consistently having 600-700/iph items scanned when the next quickest person had about 150. So that was good for an extra $100 bucks a month and left eveyone basically scratching their head at why I was the fastest cashier in the country :-). but really the system was flawed and there was a way to cheat it.

As for funny customers this one is good. When you start you have to memorize all these retarded vegetable codes like #0114 for zuchini and #4356 for plums etc... so i rang up a whole group of vegetables in a row for a lady, and got to the bananas and just froze up and forgot the number. theres no stickers on them so I pull out my trusty lil plastic sheet of pictures + UPC codes. and the lady tells me "They are Bananas". lol! as if I have never seen a banana in my life and I was looking at a sheet to figure out what it was called.

I really hated that job, got promoted to a CSM, then I quit. on the plus side I used to get 2-3 numbers a week from girls I would flirt w/ who came through my line.

HonestRyan
Old 07-09-2007, 02:07 AM

Wait, you worked at Wal-Mart and chicks thought that was a dope enough job to give you their number?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:13 AM

Didn't read anything but the OP but this is nationwide apparently because pretty much the exact same thing happened to my friend (including the people at BK having no control).