Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that random idiots on internet forums do "enjoy tearing people down" but, Mike, this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejorative adjectives I can't think of at the moment.

I like DN, but that doesn't mean he gets a walk on crap like this. As an aspiring performing artist, he should be able to take a little criticism, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

his reply that, "he wanted to use brown" is being overlooked a bit. anyone who finds 'blackface' offensive isn't going to suddenly think it's okay if someone applies a whole bunch of brown shoe polish to their face. that whole line of daniel's rebuttal is the strangest thing to me.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM

WTF IS THIS?
I SEE NO NEGREANU MUM!

OP MUST DIE!
OP MUST DIE!

THAT [censored] BITCH MUST DIE. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING MORE PAINFUL THAN LISTENING TO THAT [censored] HOSTESS BITCH. SOMEONE BUST A CAP IN HER ASS NOW. SHE HAS TO BE THE STUPIDEST LIFE FORM EVER. WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION OF SOME VERY VERY SIMPLE PROCARYOTE.

FIRST NIGGAH TO OFF THAT HOE GETS $100 STARS MONEY.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejorative adjectives I can't think of at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an accomplished writer, you certainly shouldn't get a walk on crap like the redundant phrase above.

Joking. I love your blog and your posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks, but I did edit the original text to be less redunant
Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

his reply that, "he wanted to use brown" is being overlooked a bit. anyone who finds 'blackface' offensive isn't going to suddenly think it's okay if someone applies a whole bunch of brown shoe polish to their face. that whole line of daniel's rebuttal is the strangest thing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just that there's really nothing to add to LeapFrog's trenchant "wtf, so he was trying for brownface? I think he maybe losing it..."
Old 02-14-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised nobody mentioned that they were just rolling a joint with that fake weed because I didn't see any tobacco to make it a spliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The term "spliff" or "spleef" does not necessarily refer to an instrument of smoking that contains both weed and tobacco, which is what I think you are implying.

Rather, a spliff (or spleef) can be any such instrument containing marijuana. A "European-style spliff" tends to be rolled with tobacco and grass, but in Jamaica, they wouldn't be smoking any tobacco with the ganja, and it'd be just as much of a "spliff."

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have known better than to post about weed in a thread that I know Shaniac is going to see. Hey whatever happened to your Vegas tour? I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend and I'd like to discuss the differences between spliffs and joints while smoking them with you.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:58 PM

Sorry if some of you were offended. I didn't find what I did offensive towards black people. Even still, to make sure the blog was sent to a black audience of people, only one of which I actually knew, and not one of those people had anything negative to say about it.

I wore that outfit on Halloween a few years ago too. In high school and before many of my best friends were Jamaican, and they were never offended by me doing that sort of thing.

I know what blackface is. Using face make up to create a black character isn't blackface IMO. It's done on all kinds of platforms, from SNL to MadTV. It's done in films as well, both ways. White Chicks didn't offend me in the least.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 PM

I thought this was absolutely hilarious.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:09 PM

wait, you have black friends? omg, you are so kewl [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] lol, and I can't wait to see you at the next event as im going to knock your hat off and take pics [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 06:16 PM

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever noticed how white DN's teeth are. Look at them at the end of the video when he is dressed as Scotty and laughs.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM

I really dont get this whole thing about it being offensive. Was it offensive in trading places? no. was it offensive in silver streak? no. the only difference I see here is DN didnt have a black buddy in on the skit with him.