Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

why is sammy's edge bigger in plo than Brian's NLH edge????

Two words - Pot Control.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 PM

brian is going to lose a big chunk of his bankroll tonight..people can criticize sammy's play cause they get to watch him on tv, but i think everyone would STFU if they had to sit across from him risking hundred's of thousands per hand...also i'm sure sammy has picked up a million tells on brian, especially in omaha, which is probably why aba was up at first huge and then sammy turned the whoel thing around...brian, as good as he is, doesn't know how to squeez cards and doesn't know how to put chips in the pot without giving off information...he gets to look at his four hole cards and the board in the comfort of his own home without anyone watching his eyes online...id be very suprised he didn't get killed in this game..
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is sammy's edge bigger in plo than Brian's NLH edge????

Two words - Pot Control.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahahahaha.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brian is going to lose a big chunk of his bankroll tonight..people can criticize sammy's play cause they get to watch him on tv, but i think everyone would STFU if they had to sit across from him risking hundred's of thousands per hand...also i'm sure sammy has picked up a million tells on brian, especially in omaha, which is probably why aba was up at first huge and then sammy turned the whoel thing around...brian, as good as he is, doesn't know how to squeez cards and doesn't know how to put chips in the pot without giving off information...he gets to look at his four hole cards and the board in the comfort of his own home without anyone watching his eyes online...id be very suprised he didn't get killed in this game..

[/ QUOTE ]

u crazzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also i'm sure sammy has picked up a million tells on brian

[/ QUOTE ]

lol these posts never get old. Good to know poker will always be profitable at least.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 PM

First off I have a sick fascination towards this match. I think Aba has balls. But he did say he wouldn't be playing PLO heads up and there is no doubt that Sam is a quality player.

Also I think Sam won't be near as bad at heads up hold 'em as people think. The problem in a full ring game is that he gets involved in too much action, but someone almost always has the cards. But he's still good at reading the play.

I also think that people are putting too much emphasis on skill over such a short sample space. Brian was up $800k then lost $1.3 million.

Sure, there are reads. But if you're betting heavy in omaha, chances are you probably have a hand!

I think in the short term luck is going to be very important if the pots cross the million dollar mark tonight. If they get in 50 / 50 and someone takes down the million the psychological effects could hurt them badly and at $1k/$2k, anything could happen.

I hope Aba has set a limit for when he will quit. If he had a $1.3 million dollar downswing at the stakes last night what could happen at $1k/$2k? It could go either way, but I believe but if Sammy is playing with his own money and they're going to play for the next few nights, it's possible one of them will blow their entire roll.

I also think that while Sam might pick up some minor tells Aba will pick up some cracks in Farha's betting patterns that a lot of players wouldn't.

V interesting anyway.

I think they'll both walk away with a lot more respect for each other.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also i'm sure sammy has picked up a million tells on brian

[/ QUOTE ]

lol these posts never get old. Good to know poker will always be profitable at least.

[/ QUOTE ]
pretty obvious you've never had to squeeze four hole cards in a live game before.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM

I have no clue who has an edge in this and won't make an ass out of myself by claiming so (like almost everyone in this thread). The thing I find most amusing is that most new players think that live tells mean everything, while a lot of online players think they mean next to nothing. IMO both sides are wrong. The thing is, there is more to live play than tells. Many high stakes player say that knowing your opponents psychological condition is very important. This is something that live experience will definitely aid in recognizing.

Now on to speculation: I think Brian is probably more technically skilled than Farha in both games (pretty much guaranteed in NLHE). The question is does Farha have an edge great enough in the areas of picking up tells and recognizing Brian's emotional/psychological condition to counter Brian's technical edge. Also, is Farha more capable of exploiting this type of information than Brian is. I don't know.

But one has to recognize that having the best hand in a couple of key pots could easily determine the winner but not the better player.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:15 PM

im curious as to why people think brian would need to be staked in this game? he won almost 2 million dollars last month alone.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:15 PM

Sammy wants to play every hand, so he should be better at PLO than NLHE and also better HU than at a full table.

Still, GO ABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bust his arse!!!!!!!