Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Forum Reorganization

You know what's funny is that the same posters that like to make fun of the politics forum are having a debate that makes the the politics forum look like the Lincoln-Douglas debates (with the exception of nath).

RJ, don't take this the wrong way but while I agree with your POV in this thread I notice that very often the way you attempt to get your POV accross turns people off.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Politics is far away from ATF, but they manage to find their way in here. I trust BBV is capable of the same feats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but we don't want them too. Keeping them apart is good because it might reduce the threads here. Also those forums are not as related as bbv/bbv4lyfe is so while that was a funny slam at politics it isn't a good comparison. There is nothing gained by separating bbv and bbv4lyfe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Where did he slam the politics forum? I only see you doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop while you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you only capable of being a douchebag in real life too?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 PM

Couldn't you just use some bold text or underlines for the forum categories?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Politics is far away from ATF, but they manage to find their way in here. I trust BBV is capable of the same feats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but we don't want them too. Keeping them apart is good because it might reduce the threads here. Also those forums are not as related as bbv/bbv4lyfe is so while that was a funny slam at politics it isn't a good comparison. There is nothing gained by separating bbv and bbv4lyfe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make this clear since you are retarded. I bolded it for you.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of the poltics posters do come to AtF. How is it a slam? All I see is you being a douchebag and being insulting while attempting to be funny (which as usual fails).
Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-I express my opinion about the Politics forum because I read it occasionally and there were things about the way it was run and the tone of discourse in it that kept me from participating. It's relevant because there are certain times and instances I would particpate / would have participated if things were done differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't post. You've got three posts in politics in the last year, on the same day, in the same thread, within 30 minutes of each other.

If you posted there more, your opinions might be relevant, since those of us who do post in both frequently appreciate (insert whatever aspect that has zero to do with your posting frequency).

And your suggestions for Politics certainly would have decreased my enjoyment of it, as someone who "actually uses it".

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can understand that. The tone I find in so many of the threads there is what turns me off, personally. Haven't spent much time since the new regime took place (been on the road) but I'll give it a look soon.

At least in that case, though, I was trying to speak on behalf of not only me, but people I thought felt similarly; i.e. that wanted to discuss politics but were turned off by the tone and attitude taken in many debates there. Falcon is... I'm not sure whose side he's arguing, or if he's just calling everyone who likes having BBV and B4L next to each other idiots.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what's "convenient" about it, exactly. If you're in BBV, and you click on BBV4L, does it load faster if the two are adjacent in a list?

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to open multiple forums in a tabbed browser-- so obviously the closer they all are together on a list, the easier it is for me to navigate and do that. I'm not asking that the top of the forum list be "Nath's regular forums", but the ones that are related and have a wide overlapping audience should be kept that way for that reason; I assume I'm not the only person who browses like I do.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Everyone, I for one care what Nath's opinion is about Politics because I would like him and people like him who don't like Politics to stop by. Also, I've been known to be opinionated about forums that I don't read. For instance, it was a very good decision to merge Finance and MMB and I like how BBV4Life is now separated from BBV. Since B4L is in a general interest group, that should help keep BBV and B4L on their respective topics.

That said, Poltics has enough ATF threads without having to hijack important general interest ones.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of the poltics posters do come to AtF. How is it a slam? All I see is you being a douchebag and being insulting while attempting to be funny (which as usual fails).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to be funny. You guys [censored] up this forum constantly with your retarded whining. We all wish you couldn't find it.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not asking that the top of the forum list be "Nath's regular forums",

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you SHOULD, because THAT is a good idea. Someone else has suggested that, too. There has to be some way to get all of your own, personal forums grouped together on the sidebar.

But other than that, you can bookmark a group of tabs and open them all at once.