Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Ok BBV, thinking of getting new car, which of these is most baller

[ QUOTE ]
any of you car nuts want to pimp my ride? i have a 98 subaru legacy gt, its black. came with factory turbo etc, nothing done to it yet. what would be some good ways to improve speed and looks? i really know nothing about all this. also i need to upgrade the sound system, i dont need the huge booming annoying bass, just good clear sound. will probably need a new stereo head. thoughts? or should i just post a thread in oot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Id sell it. But if you really like your car for whatever reason (this reason is definatley beyond me) then there are a few things you can do. You probably are best off making a thread in OOT because youve asked a lot.

quick rundown

sounds
-replace all speakers with aftermarket upgrades
-new head unit, dont skimp here or anywhere for that matter
-get a 8 inch sub, you can adjust the bass to your liking but without it your music will fall flat and wont have that warm body.

looks
-find a legacy forum and see what others are doing and find out what you like and wahts available, this is the best way to go since you arent trying to be super unique, just add a bit of style to your everyday car.
-put some rims on it, the right rims make a car look 10x better. some bbs' would probably look nice on your car, just please not chrome, that [censored] tackey.
-suspension, is a must. car will handle better, and it will sit right on the rims. a cars stance is imo the single most important thing in how it looks.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WTF THEYRE TALKING ABOUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree def one of the best cars ever. but this is not in his price range. low milage models sell in the high 30's and low 40's. youll see 90k milage selling for close to 20k. not to mention up keep on it and repair is sick expensive since it is such a rare car. and if you mod the hell out of it you better be able to get more then 93 octane
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger and highly recommend it. Best car I've ever driven. I have the lowest model available, but it is still a great car. If you like small cars, the Charger is not for you. It's huge. Lots of trunk space and huge front/back seats. I've not have a single problem with it so far. The only drawback to it is the mileage isn't all that great, but that's pretty minor as long as gas isn't $4 a gallon.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
supras are sick, yes, but hes not getting a TT, and if not, why does he want a supra?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're probably right its just that TTs are everywhere. It is way harder to be just driving down the road and see someone pimping a cleanass well-maintained supra than it is to see a cherry red TT driven by some old finance fart who think he's driving a 350Z.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confused sir. TT in my post is not talking about the audi, its referring to the twin turbo supra, which still go for 35-50 if Im not mistaken. N/A supra is meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes a lot more sense. I can't believe I was able to type coherent sentences last night/this morning.

Anyways, get the supra. You can't say "balla car" and then put a 20k price tag on it! Thats like saying balla Kia. So go flip a couple keys and do the damn thang.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:35 PM

Ugh please remove the 300 from the list - at first they look alright because they remind you of a bentley, then you realize they are gross and are specifically for people who want to look balla when in fact they are not at all. I don't think I've seen a single white person driving one actually, only black drug dealers who put the most disgusting rims on them imaginable.

My friend has a charger but it is the SRT-8 model which you linked. It is awesome, but at the same time it costs ~50k and gets 12mpg. The standard models of the charger aren't NEARLY as good looking or as powerful as the SRT. I'd wait for the challenger.

Audi A4 is pretty meh, there is definitely better stuff you can get for the same money (used M3 or Audi S4, one of the newer Acuras, Infinity g35 coupe).

Are you only looking for 4-5 seaters or are you considering 2 seaters as well? That would open up your possibilities.

-DrG
Old 11-12-2006, 02:47 PM

I don't have any specific recommendation except to say front wheel drive cars suck. Of your original choices I'd go with the Charger, but I might go with the used M5 suggestion if I had a limited budget.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Impreza WRX - good gas mileage

[/ QUOTE ]

You americans are crazy. You also have terrible choice in cars.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh please remove the 300 from the list - at first they look alright because they remind you of a bentley, then you realize they are gross and are specifically for people who want to look balla when in fact they are not at all. I don't think I've seen a single white person driving one actually, only black drug dealers who put the most disgusting rims on them imaginable.

My friend has a charger but it is the SRT-8 model which you linked. It is awesome, but at the same time it costs ~50k and gets 12mpg. The standard models of the charger aren't NEARLY as good looking or as powerful as the SRT. I'd wait for the challenger.

Audi A4 is pretty meh, there is definitely better stuff you can get for the same money (used M3 or Audi S4, one of the newer Acuras, Infinity g35 coupe).

Are you only looking for 4-5 seaters or are you considering 2 seaters as well? That would open up your possibilities.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]
Would preferrably want 4-5 seaters. I'm probably going to just go through this thread when I get home and look at the diff cars people mentioned. Basically I don't want a small car (this is the reason im getting a new one to begin with), don't want to spend over 30k on it... another one of the reasons that I even considered getting a new car was because I realized a few of the cars I liked i'd be able to get without spending a huge amount out of pocket (13-18k after selling current car), and as far as apperance... i do not like racer looking cars, id prefer the look of something like a bentley/range rover/lexus/mercedes over something with the looks of a celica/g35. Damn, looks like more consideration than I originally thought. At first it was just as simple as browsing online then seeing the 300c which I always liked and seeing it didn't cost too much and figuring i'd just get that. Then talked to some friends who brought up lots of other options. Damn.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 PM

What is wrong with the looks of the g35 sedan? It looks practically the same as the maxima:

Btw, I own this car and love it. So I am pretty biased.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:56 PM

OP,

Unless you are black or are ok with looking like a wigger stay away from the 300c.