Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: The Well: cmyr

Very good thread, thanks cmyr.

I know you've been into this earlier, but what BR would you say is adviced for: 200PLO, 400PLO & 600PLO? Present your answer in x$, y$, z$.

Who do you think is the wisest active member of this forum?

What other 2+2-forums do you read regulary?

Also, do you believe this guy? Situation w/2 sisters
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear cmyr,

Why do I suck at .25/.5 but rape at .5/1 and 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought would be that it's just variance. However it isn't uncommon in PLO for a certain level on a particular site to be tougher then a higher level... on party back in the day the .25-.5 was much tougher then the .5/1, because the 50c game was all good kids who'd ground up from the small game, and the $1 game was alot of gamblers with a bit more money.

the other common reason I'd think of was that the 50c game plays much differently from the bigger games and you're trying to find your earn in the wrong places.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of restaurant would you like to own? Do you have any experience in hospitality?

[/ QUOTE ]

My current daydream is an izakaya, a sort of japanese tapas restaurant. I'm also interested in doing a cafe/breakfast joint but with really well done food. I have zero hospitality experience, but I would be mostly working the business end of the izakaya. This is all miles away right now though.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very good thread, thanks cmyr.

I know you've been into this earlier, but what BR would you say is adviced for: 200PLO, 400PLO & 600PLO? Present your answer in x$, y$, z$.

Who do you think is the wisest active member of this forum?

What other 2+2-forums do you read regulary?

Also, do you believe this guy? Situation w/2 sisters

[/ QUOTE ]

A bankroll question is entirely dependent on what you want to do. If you're trying to make a living and you aren't hoping to move up, 100bi is my simple guideline. I don't think I would ever be playing PLO200 without trying to move up, though, and so I'd be hovering around 50-60bi while taking shots at the next level.

so if I only had 5k I'd be playing mostly 200plo, being prepared to move up and down as needed. I don't think my standard deviation is much different in the bigger games, so just multiply that number as necessary.

I tend to browse NVG, HSNL, the Zoo, and occasionally BBV. I'm not that into many of the community forums.... 2p2 (like most forums with a significantly young male population trying to demonstrate their coolness) is generally pretty shallow and misogynistic, and I find that sh't really really boring. I don't care how balla your new TV is.

I got bored about three sentences into that thread. Bragging about your sexual prowess on the internet is pretty funny though.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:25 AM

very good thread, TY.

How many tables do you play on your standard session? Is it possible to 8-12 tabling PLO?... and do you focus exclusively on your game, or have you got time to do others stuff?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How many tables do you play on your standard session? Is it possible to 8-12 tabling PLO?... and do you focus exclusively on your game, or have you got time to do others stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I average between 3 or 5 depending on how many good games are going. that's 6max at stakes where I have to think. I've 8tabled smaller stakes fullring before.

if I'm playing fewer tables I might have a web browser or AIM open, but I try not to. Distractions *do* negatively impact my earn.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:22 PM

Do you have any opinion on coaching? Have you ever had one, and did it help your game? If so - any recommendations?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Oh, and another one: as a beginning PLO player, care to give some examples of posters that I should listen to? Guess that like in other forums, the guys that sounds most confident in their answers isn't always the ones giving the *best* answers...?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:52 PM

Sorry if I'm ruining you weld with noobs questions, but just thought of another one: Beside playing lots of hands, what has helped you the most as PLO player:

- reviewing sessions through PT/calculating hands with twodimes or propoker tool
- AIMing with other players (know you mentioned this as a great way to learning, but you didn't range it in any way
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
- Posting/surfing this forum
- Reading PLO books
- Watching videos
- Other?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 05:03 PM

I know this is cmyr's well, but after every all-in I'll copy the HH and put it into pokerhand.org. It's easier for me to review things that way. I've been doing it lately and it helps me remember what my big hands were for the session.