FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

The board seems to be taking the turn to what Naj and Lori have posted about. Each week, there are separate threads being made for each game that has interest.

Maybe if you have one thread as the official records thread, people could post their picks as they make them there and keep their records stated there. It will also keep the actual discussions in only the game discussion threads. That way you won't see analysis on the Cowboys/Bears game in 9 different threads like it was.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM

I'm starting to think there should just be one 'Official' game thread per game, OR - and maybe this is better and seems more in like with B00t's suggestion - for NFL a Sun early Afternoon thread, Sun 4pm thread, Sun nite, and MNF Thread. Instead of 1 or 16 threads [or 100] you get 4 threads with analysis.

College you'd have Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat early, Sat late threads. So 5 or so. Good/Bad/Let's do It!/Awful?

Every week a poster[s] would post one thread he'd be responsible for, MT2R, for example could post the *** Official Wed Nite CFB Analysis Thread ***

That way, if Joe Random McPix sees it, and wants other people to read and leave feedback on his analysis, he knows where to post.

We would still have the 'Guess the opening line' threads, of course. Just trying to avoid the 5+ threads on the Sun nite game as others have mentioned. That is a waste. [Plus, we'd all get an immediate sense of what the board thought as a whole, those that posted that is.]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to think there should just be one 'Official' game thread per game, OR - and maybe this is better and seems more in like with B00t's suggestion - for NFL a Sun early Afternoon thread, Sun 4pm thread, Sun nite, and MNF Thread. Instead of 1 or 16 threads [or 100] you get 4 threads with analysis.

College you'd have Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat early, Sat late threads. So 5 or so. Good/Bad/Let's do It!/Awful?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it. Chopping it up like that makes the in-game comments, 2H plays, etc. more relevant too IMO.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM

B00T, how long has that been there?????
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM

I think I'd be open to this concept, at least trying it.

So what are we saying:

*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL EARLY GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL AFTERNOON GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 10/01/07 NFL MNF GAME THREAD ***

what would be the suggestion on out-of thread posting?

i.e. can someone continue to post their own picks in their own thread? Say Paper or MyTurn who currently have their own thread.

i.e. what's the requested recommended action for out-of-thread posts on the game? Lock any thread on the game and link back to the official? Delete with a PM to the offender?

any other issues or concerns?

I'd suggest we start with just the NFL and if its successful we'll try that for CFB as well.

-P
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd be open to this concept, at least trying it.

So what are we saying:

*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL EARLY GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL AFTERNOON GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 9/30/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD ***
*** OFFICIAL 10/01/07 NFL MNF GAME THREAD ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like that

[ QUOTE ]

what would be the suggestion on out-of thread posting?

[/ QUOTE ]

ridicule

[ QUOTE ]

i.e. can someone continue to post their own picks in their own thread? Say Paper or MyTurn who currently have their own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

difficult question. Often, those threads are kind of LAME and full of delusions of self-grandeur (at least mine is). If they want to mention their other picks or record, they could include something akin to a sig.

When someone is executing a certain system, such as the NHL over/unders or unranked fave v ranked dog in NCAAB that pop-up, a separate thread seems good.

Oh yeah, Assani should have a separate thread for comedic value.

[ QUOTE ]

i.e. what's the requested recommended action for out-of-thread posts on the game? Lock any thread on the game and link back to the official? Delete with a PM to the offender?

[/ QUOTE ]
self-policing of the forum through ridicule and admonishments

[ QUOTE ]

any other issues or concerns?

I'd suggest we start with just the NFL and if its successful we'll try that for CFB as well.

-P

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like a good place to start

then, if it works, daily threads for CBB, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc

I think the regulars around here can pretty much self-direct how it goes and that the rules don't need to be explicit.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chopping it up like that makes the in-game comments, 2H plays, etc. more relevant too IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

good points

The problem all along was multiple discussions on the same game amongst different user's threads.

I think whatever format, either broken up how you stated, or individual games is fine, as long as the focus of the forum is game based and not tout based.

I would think either #1 a poster can just post their record and their pick(s) in the actual game thread, or #2 create a "Tout thread" where everyone can show their picks and/or records.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

self-policing of the forum through ridicule and admonishments

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this is the only real problem with this forum. There is a cadre of "regulars" who assume that they are God's gift to sportsbetting and want to shout down anyone who might think otherwise.

Yes, there is a lot of garbage on this forum (much of it from regulars). There is also a lot of good info.

I don't really care if 2+2 decides to change the format. What I don't like is this whole idea that the self proclaimed sharps should run the board. I don't want to see a clique of online "buddies" making rules up as they go along.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B00T, how long has that been there?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I gots no clue what you are talkin about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
online "buddies"

[/ QUOTE ]

'buddies'...lol