Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: ***Official May Graphs / June Goals Thread ***

Is that all 1/2 Body Man D?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:20 PM

well, I only got to play for 3 weeks in may, due to me moving my roll to stars and getting my epassporte setup.

As for june i'm looking to playing a ton and getting supernova.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that all 1/2 Body Man D?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 80-85%. Started mixing in a couple $2/4 or $3/6 tables if they look good. I've found that most player's at NL400&600 are fairly solid but you also find a lot of donks that want action. I'm away from my poker computer so can't pull up the hand but I had a guy stack off to me today at 2/4 with K,7 on a K,xxxx board when I made trips. His numbers were something like 47/30. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM

May 31-June 2: It hurts! =(

Old 06-02-2007, 08:32 PM

Ok,

Probably the least impressive graph of everyone here, but at least I'm winning. 10BB/100 hands for the month!!

This is my first month playing NL, so I started at the lowest possible limit. I've moved up to $5 and $10NL through the month.

June goals:

Start new job
Move house
Play 5k hands
Continue at $10NL
win £30+

Pretty modest goals, but I've got a lot going on in June so I just want to re-assure myself that I can win consistently at $10NL.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok,

Probably the least impressive graph of everyone here, but at least I'm winning. 10BB/100 hands for the month!!

This is my first month playing NL, so I started at the lowest possible limit. I've moved up to $5 and $10NL through the month.

June goals:

Start new job
Move house
Play 5k hands
Continue at $10NL
win £30+

Pretty modest goals, but I've got a lot going on in June so I just want to re-assure myself that I can win consistently at $10NL.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Graph looks very strong, keep it going!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 AM

1) I'm not at my Laptop so no graph (sorry).

2) May Results: 7K hands 2-3 tabling @ PS PL100 @ 5,5 PTBB = +$770. + 250 € in Amazon gift cards (with points accumulated since March or so) + $150 deposit bonus. I had one stretch at the very beginning over 100 hands where I was + 5 buy-ins. Of course, I hit a 7 buy-in downswing afterwards where I played both unlucky and badly.
I should get an honorary PL-Promoter title from PS since I almost always start up new tables. So, if you see that there are suddenly 8+ PL100 tables @ PS, I probably started 5 of these.

3) Overall, I'm happy with the results. I need to get even better @ table selection and safeguarding more against that tilt where I want to win every pot I am involved in.

4) Goal for June: Retain Gold status (=8K hands), not spewing too much, working towards reaching the long-term +4 PTBB/100 plateau. Thinking deeper about key hands (My experience from 4000 SnGs tell me that I am "about right" if there are raising wars, but I should do more analysis.) Also, maybe posting a hand or two this month. Problem: when at home, I want to play. When at work, I don't have the hh.

BTW, 8 PTBB/100 should be doable at PL100 for somebody who is relatively good at that game.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting late as I totally didn't feel like before. But I think I should, anyway (hopefully moving
on to the acceptance stage in the Kübler-Ross cycle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

May graph:

May stats:

Overall results:
I got quite a bit of rakeback from Party High-Roller promotion and some PLO25 wins to finish up
around $300 for the month.

Thoughts:
I felt like I wasn't running good most of the time, but that's subjective. Objectively, PokerEV shows me
down $1,500 in EV in AI confrontations, and again subjectively I felt like I was getting coolered lots that
PokerEV wouldn't show.

I basically stopped playing cold-turkey mid-May, hence not many hands. I realized I was getting very
unhappy about my play (or maybe results) which brought my mood down for other activities, not
playing my best poker and that I just didn't see a reason to play. I stopped reading the forums as well
and spent more time outdoors and seeing movies.

June goals:
I'm going on vacation in a week (no Internet) and I don't intend to play before then so June will
probably see no online poker from me whatsoever. Really my main goal is that I get the urge to
play again in July.

P.S. tl;dr, I know.