Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Seriously WPEX get off your azz already...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've really come to the conclusion that there's a lot of people who here who don't put much thought into how or why a poker room is successful. It's pretty amazing that some people who supposedly make a living off poker have no clue how things work. A lot of people have said it but here it goes again, try to think a bit:
<font color="blue">
Sites grow by attracting recreational players, not pros, semi-pros.

</font>It's pretty amazing that it works like that but surprisingly moving a couple thousand winning or break even players to a site doesn't do much good if there aren't many bad players there to play with. It just amazes me that people are so clueless and short sighted. Most of the things you guys ask for do absolutely nothing for recreational players. The people needed to sustain a site could care less about hand histories. It will also only help them go broke faster. You may say, who gives a crap, I want their money. Well if they lose in 10 minutes there is much less chance they come back. It also means that very quickly you're playing with 9 other pro/semi-pro players. I also guarantee that few players are capable of making a living at such tables. Some are but I would guess they aren't playing anywhere near 3/6. I also fail to see why people need 6 max tables when there is 5 max already, there's very little difference and I myself prefer 5 max.

That's my rant of the day. Have fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately you are way off if you are referring to my comments, and even regarding others you are still incorrect.

First, the main thing I want is 6max. My contention regarding multi-tablers, which you will see in the first post of this thread is that I could care less about them, as they are easy to beat.

Second, you imply we are arguing to accommodate semi pros, again, NL 6max is the most popular game on the web, fish included. And I simply would like them to add it for that reason.

Third, you say you don't know why we need 6max when there is 5max, but that is only for limit. There are no 5max NL tables.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask for 5 max NL? duh. And you seem a little deluded. Just because you think or say something doesn't mean the majority here are the same nor is every remark directly at you. It's a general statement. Lastly, I never mentioned 6max other than to say there's little difference between it and 5 max. If you're so good that you can beat any tables can you not beat 5max? Is it that different? Just add 5max NL, I'm sure they could do that pretty quickly if so many people weren't harping on 6max, hand historiess.............
Old 07-29-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, if I can give some input... I would prefer that WPEX keep the tables in a 10 person format and just consider them full after 6 people have joined. (Ex: Absolute Poker). Being able to sit relative to the other players at the table is a huge plus. Anyone else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Who's the chick in your avatar and what is the scenario?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have 'every right to demand it' and I still think it's kind of rude after a certain point.

I'm a potential customer of McDonalds.
I only choose to eat Shrimp-Cocktails.

I tell McDonalds every single day that if they want my business they are going to have to serve shrmp-cocktails.

Why the hell aren't they serving shrimp-cocktails anyway??
It should be pretty simple to do, right? Just go out there and catch some shrimp and put it in a cocktail.

Lots of people like shrimp-cocktails and they should want to attract those people to their business anyway.

I'm going to make posts demanding that McDonalds 'get off their azz already' because I'm a customer so that means I should get to pester them every day until they do what I want them to.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point that a potential customers only concern is what said customer wants. And that is entirely valid. We all make our purchases - whatever they may be - based on criteria we set.

I agree people shouldn't be complete [censored] about it. There's no doubt that there are obnoxious people asking for things, but that has nothing to do with WPEX, 2+2, or even poker. [censored] will be [censored].

And man, I don't trust McDonalds to cook beef, much less shrimp.

;D
Old 07-29-2006, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait wait. How are you going to say they are making zero profit? You have no idea what profits WPEX is making.

I'm sorry, but WPEX owes potential customers whatever potential customers want if they want the business. Sure, if they don't want the business, then they don't have to do a damn thing but I don't think thats a very good business strategy.

If a company wants your patronage, you have every right to demand whatever you want. Thats what being a customer is all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a true tool

[/ QUOTE ]

Tha Horrah.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 PM

Does WPEX do any TV advertising in the US? I've never seen an ad for them. I'd think if they publicized the rake-free promotion on TV during High Stakes Poker, WPT, WSOP, etc., they might see their traffic rise substantially.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:59 PM

Everyone agrees that 5 max or 6 max NL is needed very badly...

FYI, they do offer 5 max sit-n-go NL tables.

P.S. - I don't think McShirp and 6 max NL are very similar unless you meant to get 6 shimp for $1 would be a good deal, but I prefer the McRib anyways and 6 max NL.

<font color="white">Just giving you a hard time Bob, moving to Memphis this weekend.</font>