Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: 5k hu sng - Let\'s make a deal!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest, I'd give this guy his money back minus the rake. I won't blame others for not doing the same, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for being honest, but where's your reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

A. Empathy
B. IfI probably would've lost the tournament had it played out.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest, I'd give this guy his money back minus the rake. I won't blame others for not doing the same, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
What if the guy told you he was hammered drunk before he started playing you? Not the same, but not too different.

We make a living by making better decisions than our opponents. This opponent made a bad decision.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:25 AM

Wasn't there a thread like a year ago where Stars honors all deals said in chat even if support isn't there?

So couldn't they have agreed to an even chop at the beginning, and then sat out?

I understand the players probably didn't know about this, but does Stars still have this policy?

Also, if cool had said from the beginning of the match that it was a mistake and they were checking down hands and stalling I think Ihad should have given him a better deal.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 AM

theres a really high correlation between poker player and lack of empathy it seems
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some people are laughing at him about accidentally reg'ing for a 5k hu. To be honest, I've accidentally reg'd for at least like 10 tournys in my time including a 5k hu and a few lower stakes plo8 etc and had to play it out while already tilted. It's obviously not as big of a deal for me since I've played those before, but it happens.

Also, wrt the chip counts, he couldn't really get involved in any big pots so he just had to limp and chk down and stuff to stall as much as possible until stars got there. He also timed out once or twice in the middle of writing frantic emails to stars support. I feel genuinely bad for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think also the fact he said that he timed out on big hands, checking them down, shows that theres no way he could have been ahead in chips. You said he wouldn't have dealt if he was winning, I am sure he would have.

I would give the guy back his money, after taking the rake for me back at least though.

Chip count seems very unfair. Not like that is a representation of the play to that point.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
two factors are important here:

1)is if coolmeodd was up, he would not want to split.

2) the rake. If he is getting a deal on chipcount, he is getting a break, b/c the other guy should have to cover ihaditall's rake. To illustrate this, imagine if support came during the first hand and the chip counts were exactly equal. ihaditall shouldn't have to pay the rake for someone else's error. So him not demanding a lot of extra juice to get the chip count is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

B is true, A is not. I think this guy legitimately just wanted to split it up and doubt he was considering any kind of angle. I think HadItAll did exactly what he should have, play to win until support came and then do the chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be silly. Had this guy got a 75% chip lead in a 5k sng after grinding his life out at $10 you think he just cancels it?

Had this been me i would have charged a premium too. He knew the risks when he sat to take a [censored] swinging screenshot.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some people are laughing at him about accidentally reg'ing for a 5k hu. To be honest, I've accidentally reg'd for at least like 10 tournys in my time including a 5k hu and a few lower stakes plo8 etc and had to play it out while already tilted. It's obviously not as big of a deal for me since I've played those before, but it happens.

Also, wrt the chip counts, he couldn't really get involved in any big pots so he just had to limp and chk down and stuff to stall as much as possible until stars got there. He also timed out once or twice in the middle of writing frantic emails to stars support. I feel genuinely bad for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think also the fact he said that he timed out on big hands, checking them down, shows that theres no way he could have been ahead in chips. You said he wouldn't have dealt if he was winning, I am sure he would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, i'm sure he'd also time out if he got aces or kings! He shoves, gets called, wins, while sending emails to stars saying 'FORGET EVERYTHING!!!'
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 AM

come on... anyone whos played these things knows that to 'accidentally' register you have to click ok on the screen telling you if you disconnect or forget to unreg and blind out its your own fault and THEN tick the box and click ok.

Sounds like someone wanted to see his name in lights and got caught out... id have settled for chip chop plus fee back if i was ahead when support came.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. the situation (from what i can gather) is obviously a mistake. if the kid was checking a FH down to the river while waiting for support i'd be pretty sure he wasn't trying to angleshoot me.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:37 AM

some of you guys are heartless retards. it was clear, that he didn't want to play, 'accident' or not. and if that was told from the very beginning it was easy for IfIHadItAll to just demand that he covers the entry fee/rake and that's that. i mean, there will be lots of players who will be willing to play you 5k HUs if you wanted to and pushing that edges just to maximize your income is just plain low.