Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated when he isn't given more time after exposing his live hand to the table to show
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on Changing my Name?

Hey Ariel I have the same problem. I've wanted to apply for US Citizenship since 3 years ago but haven't done so because I can't decide what name I want to have on my Passport. My name is Han (obviously) and like you said it's not something people expect to hear. Many times, when I introduce myself to white people/nerds/geeks I have to say oh it's like Han Solo. (I actually didn't know who Han Solo was until people started calling me Han Solo and i'm like wtf is han solo). And before i'd spell out my name first then pronounce it "uh..h-a-n, han". (some hoes actually thought it's h-a-m ham and i'm just frustrated). And I hate all the names that start with H-A-N, say Hank, Hans, Hanes, Hanry, Hanson, Hansen. H doesn't really have that appealing of the name either, Herbert, Henry, Humphrey (a lot of girls like this name for some unknown goddamn reason). I've been using Ethan a lot when i buy coffee at Starbucks because it ends with -han. I've also been using HANdsome when I introduce myself to my friend's friends who are girls, which is definitely good. Recently I've started to like the name Lloyd because it just looks so cool when I sign it. People didn't know why i make such a big deal out of this though but I'm glad that someone else out there shares my pain. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 AM

Haha Ariel I'm going to show this to all of our friends.

Also keep your name. I thought of changing my name going into freshman year, sort of did for a week, then took it back. I really like the name Ariel. You just have a southern accent/speech impediment that makes it hard to understand. We've had this discussion many times. My name is more of a cross to bear - we can make a poll on this if you want.

If I were to change my name now, I might change it TO Ariel.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:10 AM

when i changed mine, i used my pet's name and the street i grew up on
Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 AM

ariel,

your name fits you well and is unique. but go with whatever makes you happy. i suggest 'sodapop' in a nod to the outsiders.

i have never been a big fan of my name either, the first-last combo. i think my blah name may be a hindrance to becoming famous.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:21 AM

My full name is Arian (ah-ree-ahn)... it's a Persian name, but I've always gone by Ari. Everyone always thinks I'm Jewish.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 AM

just change your name to ariel like the mermaid, problem solved
Old 05-10-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha Ariel I'm going to show this to all of our friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

all our friends know i want to change my name

[ QUOTE ]
We've had this discussion many times. My name is more of a cross to bear - we can make a poll on this if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was flying out from LA a girl gave her name at the Starbucks counter as Ilan. Since we had just been talking about which name is worse, I decided to pretend I was an Ilan also. I was like "Oh, your name's Ilan? That's my name too. Weird!" She was receptive to this so a minute into our conversation I followed with "Don't you just hate our name though? I just hate meeting people and introducing myself, we've got such a weird name."

She looked at me blankly and said something to the effect of "I've never had a problem with it." It's all in your head.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i changed mine, i used my pet's name and the street i grew up on

[/ QUOTE ]

Tweety Clark wouldn't work. Also, how did you find the chainging your name experience? Was it smooth sailing or a pain in the ass?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:46 AM

Seriously Ari is a pimp name. Simple but different.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:57 AM

FF,

"Hard to say since you're asking me to imagine what my name would be like without a very crucial feature of my relationship to my name throughout my life."

Yeah, but what about the name itself?

For example, I don't think the name Bertha is very good. But I like the name Lauren.

How do you feel about the name Ariel when you hear it in the context of other people with the name?