Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Stevie got stung
Play above bankroll. Countdown to BUSTO 9 3.88%
0WNED by a fish 27 11.64%
Steve raises. Stingray reraises all-in. Steve times out. No disconnect protect 16 6.90%
Bad game selection 15 6.47%
Back to the kiddy pool 3 1.29%
The ocean is RIGGED 23 9.91%
YOU RAISE WITH THAT?! 1 0.43%
nh, fish 27 11.64%
Play bad, loose; whatever (Yvesaint style) 1 0.43%
Fold preflop 4 1.72%
LOL NATURE 20 8.62%
Double bellybuster 4 1.72%
He had a gutshot 42 18.10%
I'm probably behind. I call (Negreanu style) 2 0.86%
CROCODONK 4 1.72%
I had aces 0 0%
Graph plz 5 2.16%
HU FOR BANKROLLS 1 0.43%
Bad Beat Jackpot? 5 2.16%
Cooler 12 5.17%
I thought he was bluffing 10 4.31%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Official JULY Thread: General Discussion/etc

Trying to move my FT$ to PS. Will send first to known posters, etc etc. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM

*sigh* Not that most of you care, but I just feel like bitching because its gotten so bad. I used to be one of the people who were like, omg you people that have these 10 buyin downswings often are so crazy blah blah. I have them like twice a year maybe.

I beat 3/6NL for 8+bb/100 on Stars, I play like 2 hours a day, make a good living, life is great, blah blah. My normal monthly graph looks like this:

About 2 months ago I started getting coached by one of the better online players around. Since then, I cannot play for [censored] and can barely book back to back winning days anymore even when I move down to 1/2NL, and my graph for the last 2 months looks like this:

And for the first time today ever, shorty after I got set over set (for the 5th time in the last 2 weeks and I don't play a lot of hands/day), aifp with QQ vs KQs and lost, and stacked off KK vs a set, I smashed my mouse. I know nobody cares because I don't post a lot and when I do its normally in hand threads giving advice/comments, but I just felt like whining. My hand is bruised from smashing my mouse, and I'm going to take a week off.

gg,
Mark
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, and AE, I played with your boy jimmy tonight at 5/10, reminded him of when I won the pca seat off him... seemed to tilt him a lot. hehe. Jk,... he's a good guy, it seems. But he backed a few questionable people, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone he backed is a winning msnl player, even if only slight, definitely tens of thousands of dollars +++EV in that ME. one of them is still in with around 300.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Sigh, busted from the main event late last night pretty close to the $. Don't know why, but I'm pretty depressed about it....10k donkaments are alot of fun to play.

Mark, my best advice for you is to play more hands. I don't mean right now, but after your break. I know you only like playing 3 tables or less at once, but its going to seem like you are "running good or running bad" for a much longer period when you don't play a large # of hands each month.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM

true, I guess i would back anyone that has played more than 9 hands of poker in their life for the ME.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Why would you get coaching if you're crushing 3/6? It seems like any changes you make to your game could only hurt...
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM

this is completely true. my boy raises his button with XX (I think it was T 2 this hand, but w/e, you can raise 100% of button in most spots) and the guy INSTA MUCKS face up ATo from the bb...

next hand, he raises AK in CO, both blinds call. flop K 6 4 with two spades. check check, and he c-bets lke half pot, 15k. sb makes it 45k (same guy), and my boy shoves fairly quickly (about 100 more). AGAIN sb INSTA folds AK face up for TPTK, same hand.

just, just, amazing. i've been reading about these guys just folding overpairs and crazy [censored] randomly, the play is so atrocious i would've paid 25 or 30 this year to play in the ME, even if paying that much is a little out of my roll.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, busted from the main event late last night pretty close to the $. Don't know why, but I'm pretty depressed about it....10k donkaments are alot of fun to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, sorry Jon. I know it sucks so bad busting from them. I dunno how the full time donkament players do it.

[ QUOTE ]

Mark, my best advice for you is to play more hands. I don't mean right now, but after your break. I know you only like playing 3 tables or less at once, but its going to seem like you are "running good or running bad" for a much longer period when you don't play a large # of hands each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are so right. A month for me is like a week for some of you guys. Whats sick though, is that for the last two months, I've actually played 3X the hours a day I used to. So its like, I've been playing more, not winning, and being more consumed by poker when I'm not playing than ever before.

But you're totally right, my two month downswing is probably like 2 weeks to most people. Its just so hard to deal with over that long a span of time.

Mark
Old 07-12-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you get coaching if you're crushing 3/6? It seems like any changes you make to your game could only hurt...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL thats what everyone told me when I started. Um, basically 3 things: I'd basically finished getting 'formal' training from a good friend of mine (Jeetorious), the opportunity came up for me to start working with a super star who isn't a nitty tagfish like me, and regardless of how I've done I don't think that I am a great player by any means. I'm just good at (or used to be) not stacking off and stacking the occasional donkey at 3/6NL. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to improve and an opportunity that I shouldn't pass up.

I do feel like I'm 10X the player I used to be now, which makes things even worse since I'm not winning. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM

poly,

get out of the kiddie pool and play 3/6!
Closed Thread