FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. Books,

plz vote for me today!

thx!

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering it. The problem is that I want some people up there who are not otherwise going to be considered who I think are villagers. If you aren't getting support then I probably will.

Soah, trade votes? :P

Also, I'm pretty much assuming one or both of scotthoward/shortline is a wolf

Books,

You have villager cred unless Bram is a wolf. Then I think there is a decent chance you are also a wolf.

Right now I support MDD because I really like a Bram platform. Not only do I think there is a decent chance he is a wolf, but I think it gives us a lot of info on Fnord/Books.

I'm pretty sure I could also get behind a Boiler platform.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:32 PM

amplify
clowntable
fnord_too
iron_yuppie
luckayluck
metsandfinsfan
shortline99
soah
spook
traz
wdcbooks

The above 11 people received votes yesterday and remain eligible for future service on the electorate. I didn't include Val who voted for himself as that won't keep him eligible.

Today I think we should consider putting a vote on some other people below are candidates I think deserve some consideration.

Aaronk
Bluffblank
Chuck
MdoranD
ScottHoward
Xorbie

I will likely be voting for one of these people today, other than me of course as it would not give me eligibility.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fnord's post is spot on the money, as usual. Those of you who haven't voted should seriously consider electing him. He's a decent wolf-finder. But more importantly, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that he's a villager. He's going to make his decision with the best interests of the village in mind.

That's more than you can say for some people in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So looking back at Zurvan's day one posts the only thing that stands out to me is that he had a serious hard-on for Fnord all day. He campaigns pretty hard to get Fnord on the council. Then Fnord doesn't vote for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Fnord did not come across well last night. I have some sympathy because I have put myself in that situation a number of times. My biggest problem was that I did not, and still do not understand what it is that indicates Bram is a wolf. I felt like his suspect was weak and couldn't follow him. If he is a wolf it would tell us quite a bit, especially that Voj is also likely a wolf. Fnord knew he could vote for Voj and I would have followed instead of Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote/posted before I read this from wdc.
This does make sense, and goes a long way to explaining how he voted.

Again, I wasnt saying I suspected wdc, I just wanted to point out possibilities.

[ QUOTE ]
. I would like to hear from Scott, Clown and FCPB today before I cast my vote for one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
im hoping everybody weighs in with their feelings about our next lynch before we start voting for people
Old 01-18-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with 9 wolves it's not hardly worth it for one wolf to try to save a fellow doomed wolf...

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF are you talking about? This was a huge lynch for us. The number of wolves doesn't matter when the ratio is the same. Wolves getting lynched early helps a lot.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with 9 wolves it's not hardly worth it for one wolf to try to save a fellow doomed wolf...

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF are you talking about? This was a huge lynch for us. The number of wolves doesn't matter when the ratio is the same. Wolves getting lynched early helps a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you understand what he meant...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Also, we should try to spread the votes around as much as possible. It would suck to get down to the endgame and be forced to put a suspected wolf on the electorate because the villagers are not eligible.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm the ratio hardly changed because there are so damn many of them. throwing your partner under the bus on day 1 of a turbo means you are one seer peek away from instalosing. throwing a wolf under the bus in a 9 wolf game means you've cleared some dead weight and you're ready to roll