Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you like them, what do you like about them?
Catchy, well-written songs 84 25.93%
Mick Jagger's unique voice 41 12.65%
They defined blues-based rock-and-roll music for a generation 69 21.30%
Great musicians 61 18.83%
Everything about them is great, you're insane 69 21.30%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: POG Anniversary Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I can find them for you Bradshaw. And by wtf, I mean a post that i completely disagree with.

I would also like you to look at Akimbo's vote of tutu yesterday. It came at a point when he had 1 vote, and the 2 bandwagons were Gingerbread and Sasami. He then switches off to sasami after tutu gets 3 votes. Just look more closely at the circumstances of his vote. Don't be too quick to clear him.

[/ QUOTE ]

point taken .. and the fact that he switched off of tutu makes him even more suspicious. But he pointed that out himself so i gave him a pass for now. His posts have been wolfy as hell i agree
Old 04-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Sheeeebus. I see I didn't miss anything good by sleeping in, except for a bunch of folks making bad votes and saying they wouldn't be back the rest of the day, and a few unproductive fights breaking out.

Here's where I am today:

I still don't like anything T&J or gingerbreadman has said. I'd be delighted to see either of them go. Beyond me why nobody else thinks so.
I wasn't getting a wolf vibe from akimbo yesterday but I am today. I was getting a wolf vibe from billyjimbobboy yesterday but not so much today.
So far today I am liking Bradshaw, I am liking Marie. Not so much liking bbv4pog but he's not here to defend himself so that can wait I guess.

STRATEGY QUESTION

Somebody's account gets hijacked by Mat Sklanksy each day. Is there any good reason why a villager WOULDN'T say "I was hijacked yesterday" as soon as his account is back under his control? The wolves could make false claims. But it'd be a stupid thing for a villager to false claim (once you've claimed it, you're either ARE a wolf or it really happened to you and you looked like one yesterday), and it would be real handy to have a short list of people whose personalities might have changed overnight for a reason.

Sub-question: if you think the above is reasonable, why DIDN'T anyone come forward today about being hijacked yesterday? Does this mean the hijacked account got killed by a bullet/pumpkin/whatever last night?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:07 PM

This was one that bothered me

[qote][Quote]
Bradshaw,
Why back off John von Neumann?

[/ QUOTE ]

originally because diego and sashimi backed off... and upon reread he is very meh to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like that you moved your vote off of someone because other people did, and then admitted that you still thought he was meh

[ QUOTE ]
Holla village. Excellent job. Evil Seer is dead. Me, Akimbo, grindhouse, ill subliminal, John Van Neuman, marie antionette, and one time all voted Pinktutu. So none of us should be voted for today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also really hated this reasoning. Wolves vote for wolves, so saying none of you should be voted for is retarded imo.

[ QUOTE ]
vote pope for now

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this vote for pope seemed a little random. I didn't remember you mentioning his name. Then you vote him after jim bob and gingerbread do. You were still sketchy on jim bob, then vote with him seemed off to me.

These posts in no way make me want to vote for you today, but I'm not going to consider you a villager because of them.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

STRATEGY QUESTION

Somebody's account gets hijacked by Mat Sklanksy each day. Is there any good reason why a villager WOULDN'T say "I was hijacked yesterday" as soon as his account is back under his control? The wolves could make false claims. But it'd be a stupid thing for a villager to false claim (once you've claimed it, you're either ARE a wolf or it really happened to you and you looked like one yesterday), and it would be real handy to have a short list of people whose personalities might have changed overnight for a reason.

Sub-question: if you think the above is reasonable, why DIDN'T anyone come forward today about being hijacked yesterday? Does this mean the hijacked account got killed by a bullet/pumpkin/whatever last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Mat Sklansky - Has two powers:
1) Once per game, takes over another users account. That user may not post for the entire day and loses their night action if they have one. Demon has full control of account in posting and voting in thread. Does not, however, get the player's vote buying or other daytime powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

says once per game, not once per night
Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pinktutu wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for me singling him out EARLY in the day. I think it was One_Time who thought he was a wolf right off the bat, I looked at his first post and saw the forced RANDOM reads that I was looking for all day yesterday. If I was his wolf partner, would I REALLY go after him so early and then leave my vote there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a post from Akimbo that is simply not true. He did vote for tutu early in the day, but switched off and didn't mention him again. How can he possibly take any credit for lynching tutu?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was one that bothered me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bradshaw,
Why back off John von Neumann?

[/ QUOTE ]

originally because diego and sashimi backed off... and upon reread he is very meh to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like that you moved your vote off of someone because other people did, and then admitted that you still thought he was meh

[/ QUOTE ]

Diego was confirmed and sasimi is who he is. Neuman made one bad post, but i could easily see him being a villager making it -- hence he was meh.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Holla village. Excellent job. Evil Seer is dead. Me, Akimbo, grindhouse, ill subliminal, John Van Neuman, marie antionette, and one time all voted Pinktutu. So none of us should be voted for today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also really hated this reasoning. Wolves vote for wolves, so saying none of you should be voted for is retarded imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i hated how the reasoning was dismissed by so many people so fast. Again -- i am not saying those people are clear. But i wont vote any of them today. Most of the people voting for tutu were likely villagers. Especially if grindhouse is a villager. There may be one or two wolves who voted for pinktutu, but not likely more than that. So there are better votes today in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
vote pope for now

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this vote for pope seemed a little random. I didn't remember you mentioning his name. Then you vote him after jim bob and gingerbread do. You were still sketchy on jim bob, then vote with him seemed off to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt random. I quoted all his posts - and they were all jokey and contentless. His vote on grindhouse was the only post he made after 2, and the timing of it was suspicious (assuming grindhouse is good again).
Old 04-15-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pinktutu wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for me singling him out EARLY in the day. I think it was One_Time who thought he was a wolf right off the bat, I looked at his first post and saw the forced RANDOM reads that I was looking for all day yesterday. If I was his wolf partner, would I REALLY go after him so early and then leave my vote there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a post from Akimbo that is simply not true. He did vote for tutu early in the day, but switched off and didn't mention him again. How can he
possibly take any credit for lynching tutu?

[/ QUOTE ]

again i would no be shocked if akimbo was a wolf.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Neuman just virtually cleared himself by misunderstanding sklanski's role
Old 04-15-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, tt just means he is almost definently not sklansky. A wolf could very easily misunderstand a wolf role.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, tt just means he is almost definently not sklansky. A wolf could very easily misunderstand a wolf role.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think the sklanski role would have been discussed in detail in wolfchat.

Another whacked out theory .. maybe he does understand the role and it is written wrong in the OP ..... that would be very LOL