Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ?
Call? 68 68.69%
Fold? 31 31.31%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Stars treats me like I [censored] her daughter then pushed her hom

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quite frankly I don't even think Allen Cunningham could dig himself out of a set over set situation. NH march...

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I probably could have. LMP raises to 120 (3xBB), I call from the SB with 55. Flop K52, two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s, I check and wait for the c-bet, but none comes. Turn 10, I bet 160 into 280, he min-raises, I 2.5x that, he pushes, I call. There's not a lot he could have had there except for KK or TT. However, given the way the tourney works, and the fact that it's pretty donkish despite the buy-in, I don't feel that bad about going out like that. A lot of morons would slowplay KT or even AK there, and something like AT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would also likely go to the felt.

I started with ~3000, called 120 preflop, bet 160 on the turn and was facing 160 more. If I flat-call and call a ~pot-sized bet on most rivers (which is my only real option instead of reraise/folding the turn, which would be beyond awful), I'd be down to ~1800 chips, having lost 40% of my stack. Screw that, I might as well double up or go home.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me think of the set-over-set hand from Greenstein's book.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:52 PM

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5h 3d (straight, seven high).
UTG has Ah 8d (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>
Old 06-17-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys whats a good F1 game for the pc, I feel like playing one right now so need a name to download it

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm afraid there ain't too many F1 fans on 2p2 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and the one that is here ain't up on the latest video games. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] my last game console was(is) a PS1. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] and i don't have any on my pc.
I did like EA sports F1 championship season for my PS. (still have it, just don't play it anymore.) and I remember the nintendo64 one being pretty good.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gl w/ teh 100-seat g

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide, so I'll polltard it:

[/ QUOTE ]

limited hold them...

not even close
Old 06-17-2007, 10:23 PM

Holy crap! I brined some skinless chicken breats tonight and they were amazing! Why wasn't I told about this before?

4 cups water 1/2 cup salt 1/4 cup sugar soak for an hour or so rinse and fry/grill/bake 'em up to 160 degree internal temp. Yum!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 PM

what is the sugar for?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the sugar for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume sugar is standard for every meal in America. Even plain bread seems laced in the stuff, so much so that I wouldnt eat it when I was there. seriously.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gl w/ teh 100-seat g

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i'm too late--sorry bro. catching up. camping since thurs.

speaking of--we played poker camping involved lots of alcohol &amp; me luckboxing.

hilights:
* 4-handed $10 buyin
* win probably 70% of pots
* 1st hand is 7cs I get TTT &amp; it holds up. Big bets called to 7th...
* holdem flops boat, 2nd pair calls big bets to rvr
* 5-card, two 8s draws quads
* I'm so drunk, at one point in 7cs, on 7th, HU me vs friend (gal) &amp; I have a mediocre hand like mid pair. PS She never bluffs. She's reaching for chips &amp; I say, "If you bet X I will call, if you bet Y, I will fold" She bets Y, I fold and she shows a pair of 4s LOL.
* last hand: holdem flops set, wins at SD making boat vs flopped straight &amp; rivered straight and two players bustos.
* leave table w/$35
Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the sugar for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deliciousness!

Actually, you can go with pretty any combination of water based fluid like beer or apple juice, salt, and sugar and get good results. After some googling and remembering some Good Eats the brine helps with dryer cuts of meat or poultry to make them cook up more juicy and give you a little cushon against dryness in case you overcook it a little. I'm not sure about more acidic fluids like vinegar, I think that is something else. I think I'm going to pick up some apple juice and brown sugar and give that a try.
Closed Thread