Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

I want to see different people on the electorate today. My three would be:

Scott
Clown
CPFB

Now that I have some villager cred I can admit that my lynch list was shoddy. I was at work until late in the afternoon and just marked down single wolfy posts with the intention of reading everyone thoroughly. I did that last night and it turned out fine. Upon reread I think I may have been smoking the crack on Soah in particular. I do not believe he is evil.

I am compiling some quoted posts for my newest suspect, but I am still debating the issue. Please do not vote in Shorty while I am thinking things over.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fnord's post is spot on the money, as usual. Those of you who haven't voted should seriously consider electing him. He's a decent wolf-finder. But more importantly, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that he's a villager. He's going to make his decision with the best interests of the village in mind.

That's more than you can say for some people in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So looking back at Zurvan's day one posts the only thing that stands out to me is that he had a serious hard-on for Fnord all day. He campaigns pretty hard to get Fnord on the council. Then Fnord doesn't vote for him.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:14 PM

it was pretty obvious that a ton of ppl wanted zurvan to die yesterday and with 9 wolves it's not hardly worth it for one wolf to try to save a fellow doomed wolf... so in case anyone wants to gun for shorty now for defending zurvan, I think that would be a mistake. shorty is likely a villager (this read is far from rock solid though)

I think we need to try to elect 12 different ppl the first four days to maximize our candidates going into the later stretches of the game... and we should be electing ppl that are 1) likely villagers 2) likely to find/kill wolves 3) likely to successfully find a villager to pass their legacy to upon death. Electing me plus luckay, mets, scott, herbie, IY, shorty, traz, and someone to be determined would be pretty sweet (MDD? xorbie? if I decided they aren't wolves?) All those players are competent and have not given me any particular reason to think they are evil this game.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fnord's post is spot on the money, as usual. Those of you who haven't voted should seriously consider electing him. He's a decent wolf-finder. But more importantly, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that he's a villager. He's going to make his decision with the best interests of the village in mind.

That's more than you can say for some people in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So looking back at Zurvan's day one posts the only thing that stands out to me is that he had a serious hard-on for Fnord all day. He campaigns pretty hard to get Fnord on the council. Then Fnord doesn't vote for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Fnord did not come across well last night. I have some sympathy because I have put myself in that situation a number of times. My biggest problem was that I did not, and still do not understand what it is that indicates Bram is a wolf. I felt like his suspect was weak and couldn't follow him. If he is a wolf it would tell us quite a bit, especially that Voj is also likely a wolf. Fnord knew he could vote for Voj and I would have followed instead of Zurvan.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:20 PM

blah, the way Zurvan defended fnord, it makes it MORE likely that fnord is a villager (imo)
Old 01-18-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan,

Do you feel like boiler was trying to pick a fight with you earlier?

And if so, to what end?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the post I find most disturbing. It is stirring up confrontation between zurvan and boiler and pointing at both of them in a very hand's off, non committal manner. It's like a shill shouting something and ducking down afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say that it's slightly more than annoying to vote for someone, then have them try and lynch you.

In response, the point of my post was exactly to stir up zurvan and boiler.
Their entire exchange seemed fake and forced to me. As a villager, zurvan is much more aggressive when attacked like he was. And asking questions of someone I suspect is a wolf the best way to get them to further slip up. This is why I asked him, and not boiler.

Finally, as for wdc.
I had him as a likely villager, but frankly, his not voting for me gives me pause.

Earlier statements regarding distrust of stephen set himself up to go along with fnord, but when it came down to it, he went with stephen instead.

He said himself that he would be willing to throw a wolf under the bus to gain creditability.
Since, both zurvan and I are likely early lynches anyway, the ramifications of wdc's decision would come to light soon enough anyway.
And also, given that zurvan was a vanilla wolf, I just ask that wdc isnt given a pass for last night's decision after I'm proven to be a villager.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blah, the way Zurvan defended fnord, it makes it MORE likely that fnord is a villager (imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my gut reaction as well
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Interesting response Bram.

I do not expect to be cleared by last night. I didn't exactly lead the lynch of Zurvan. What I don't understand is how I could have chosen Zurvan if I was a wolf and you are a villager. I had laid the groundwork for voting with Fnord. I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. I would just challenge anyone to quote a post that indicated in any way that Bram was a likely wolf.

It doesn't much matter because I am not being lynched and even I don't think I should be on the electorate again today. I would like to hear from Scott, Clown and FCPB today before I cast my vote for one of them.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Dear Mr. Books,

plz vote for me today!

thx!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 PM

all
nice work yesterday!
zurv practically outted himself as a wolf yesterday, which makes me wonder why fnord and books had such a hard time deciding.
books mentioned I was a big anti-voj guy, which I don’t recall being. odd
fnord also made an error in one of his statements replacing boilers name with jeremys. if fnord turns up bad, perhaps both Jeremy and boiler are clean?
Ill be here for a few minutes, then ill be gone for a while, not sure when ill be back.
I think we need to discuss possible wolves for a while, and then everybody can declare who they would vote for, and then we start voting. we could potentially shut the wolves out of the electorate (if we get multiple players willing to lynch the same person).

again, we need to get new players into the electorate today.
I don’t think ill have time to do any deep analyzing of yesterdays stuff until later tonight if at all, so that sucks.

ive updated my nonsupport and suport lists as follows:
ive removed jeremy. like ive already said, I tend to think xorb is a wolf, and i don’t think another wolf calls a wolf onto the floor the way jeremy did.
ive removed traz. same reason I removed jeremy basically. if traz is a wolf, he doesn’t harp on zurv so much.
ive removed Stephenh for obvious reasons.
chuck has been downgraded slightly, hes almost off the list.
shorty is one post away from joining my non support list.

nonsupport list:
xorb
bram
dmk
zurv – wolf, yay
valenzuela
voj
cpfb
econophile
clown
chuck

im keeping books on the support list only because he did kill zurv. if bram turns up wolf, I will reconsider books’ role.
support:
mets
books

tomorrow my lists will turn into official wolf/villager lists I think.
initially today I would like to lynch one of xorb/bram/dmk
I will narrow that down later.

I wanted to mention yesterday, I don’t think our vote movers/buyers whatever should be influencing the voting, but if we agree to one lynchee per candidate, I think that would make it a moot point.

lastly, nichs title now says 655, would I be crazy to assume that that was the final vote tally? 6-5-5? all you vote buyers and movers might be able to figure something out.