Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 88 84.62%
(16) The World is Not Enough 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For most people, I think I'd agree, but I can't imagine fgators actually getting better at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was winning for his last 200-300 thousand hands. Like I said before, it looks like he's taken the time to improve his game, get more aggressive and become a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need another 2 million hands to prove if this is true. 200,000 hands is to results oriented.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:47 PM

Anyway about that

Heads up pot- I have a very high CBet frequency, at least I thought...sometimes I feel like checking back top pair if I think it will increase some lagtards bluff frequency vs me thinking he can shove me out (INDUCE)

sometimes I feel like taking one off with a straight draw (gutter) if I feel like that flop nailed my opponents range...like if I have 67 on a 48J flop or something I don't know.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM

It looks like he's won $7k over his last 150k hands for a $4.7/100 earn. If he plays 5k hands/day, that's about $230/day. I for one think that's an accomplishment.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For most people, I think I'd agree, but I can't imagine fgators actually getting better at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was winning for his last 200-300 thousand hands. Like I said before, it looks like he's taken the time to improve his game, get more aggressive and become a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was running above expectation though

[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

I'm not a losing player if it wasn't for running horribly and I'll never admit it. There is nothing glaring in my stats outside of the c-bet frequency and frankly I do a lot of stuff with flops that get me decent action on later streets.

Should I cbet more? Yes, and in fact I can say with full confidence that I've increased that in the last few months.

How much of an effect has it had? It has had an effect, but not a huge one and if it was 70% I cannot say with confidence that my winrate would be that much larger. Let's face it...at $1/2 NL nobody folds...people call with millions of draws and don't fold pairs. Is it good to charge draws and will you make money when they don't get there and they call down? Absolutely.

But look at the cases of trying to push a 64/11 off of middle pair or top pair when you have King high into an ace high board...thats never gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, just ugh. if your winrate cannot be higher than what it is, QUIT PLAYING SO MANY TABLES. there is absolutely no chance you are playing close to optimally. none.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway about that

Heads up pot- I have a very high CBet frequency, at least I thought...sometimes I feel like checking back top pair if I think it will increase some lagtards bluff frequency vs me thinking he can shove me out (INDUCE)

sometimes I feel like taking one off with a straight draw (gutter) if I feel like that flop nailed my opponents range...like if I have 67 on a 48J flop or something I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

No strategy in BBV
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM

Nobody has any idea how bad it gets when you 12 table and run cold over 12 tables for like 2 hours..when you rarely make hands and don't get any action on them from the fish who have like Jack high when you have top set...through a lot of this I've lost like $250-$300 an hour without getting to showdown because I literally on like every table either got no action on my big hands and could NOT beat a single hand when it got to the river on my flopped monsters that turned into runner runner [censored].
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
interesting that he ran good for 400,000 hands (the last 400k). i would think that is highly unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is.

For everyone blabbing about how FGators sucks, its pretty obvious that he has gotten better over the last few months. Apparently, he actually taken to heart all that berating we've done about his play, worked on his game in SSNL and he has become a winning player. Everyone blabbing about how he is hardheaded or sucks is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
No we're not
Old 10-12-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

I'm not a losing player if it wasn't for running horribly and I'll never admit it. There is nothing glaring in my stats outside of the c-bet frequency and frankly I do a lot of stuff with flops that get me decent action on later streets.

Should I cbet more? Yes, and in fact I can say with full confidence that I've increased that in the last few months.

How much of an effect has it had? It has had an effect, but not a huge one and if it was 70% I cannot say with confidence that my winrate would be that much larger. Let's face it...at $1/2 NL nobody folds...people call with millions of draws and don't fold pairs. Is it good to charge draws and will you make money when they don't get there and they call down? Absolutely.

But look at the cases of trying to push a 64/11 off of middle pair or top pair when you have King high into an ace high board...thats never gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, just ugh. if your winrate cannot be higher than what it is, QUIT PLAYING SO MANY TABLES. there is absolutely no chance you are playing close to optimally. none.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM

nath,

I know you have no reason to help me at all and I don't expect you to or really don't want you to but since you are my #1 hater I would give you every single hand I've ever played and I think this would prove to you that I'm a good player.

I know you don't have the time for this but as my #1 basher for over a year and a half, I think, now I'm just saying with FULL CONFIDENCE that if you saw my hands played from 300k-1.6 million you would eat your words.