View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

All,

What do you make the O/U on whether nlnut will have all of his accounts emptied within the hour to avoid a refreeze and seizure tomorrow morning when FT finally wakes up to this situation and realizes he is either botting or sweatshopping, and it doesn't matter which?

DW,

There is a difference between coaching/sweating, and one player running a sweatshop.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Is it a crime to have your friends around to keep you properly motivated. Avoiding bad plays and tilting? Nobody is cheating, so what's the problem?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with their strategy its the team play aspect, nation himself said he wanted to stake someone to enter into this team play agreement. One man one hand even if it isnt against the T&C for the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

then at least half of 2p2 should be in real trouble....
for example, coaching arrangements during play
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 AM

I don't generally post, but the level of stupidity in this thread in actually amusing me.
let me get this correct... it is possible to write a simple system for a bot that will result in it having very similar stats across different samples, however if you give this system to real people to follow then their stats will differ? obv there is gonna be some human error, however assuming a simple system this is gonna be very minor over 100k hands.
yes, postflop is more complicated than preflop, however playing 14/7 at FR you are not gonna be in all that many marginal situations at 1/2nl (I would imagine) and most situations you are gonna have a pretty clear cut answer to (eg. top pair/overpair/set -> push, else fold). this would also help to explain why the agg numbers, esp. flop, are so high.

people saying - wow, how could the stats be the same over 100k hands as if the more hands you have, the more you would expect the stats to differ? try thinking about 2 100k hand samples and 2 100 hand samples and try to figure out which sets are gonna be more similar...

pretty much all of their explanation seems plausable to me.
whats so unbelievable about a group of guys who decide that rather than getting another job, they can do poker as a 'conventional job' where they play a fairly low varience, unexciting, but profitable form of poker, and don't have to answer to anyone else (except 2+2 obv, lol). sure it's not what most people would choose to do. it's not what I would choose. however everyone has different goals in life, and if they're happy with that and it meets their needs, fair enough to them. they motivate themselves to put the hours in by playing together at set times, which can also help to give structure to their life (by which I mean it puts poker more towards the 'conventional job' of working from x to x every weekday, then forgetting about it outside of those times).

in summary: vanveen and a few other msnl's appear to be the only people in this thread who put any thought into what they're saying. bluffthis, you appear to have some intelligence but be trying to stir things up for no reason. almost all of the rest of you sound like you should still be in school.

MT2R,

You are obviously a part of the low-ethics gang here on 2+2 and are the one who needs to stop posting.

[ QUOTE ]
kudos to nlnut for coming on to defend himself. but come on. it's so obvious when someone is tap-dancing around the facts.

[/ QUOTE ] example please?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 AM

If you're saying that promoting team play is something that a mod shouldn't advocate, then you're saying a mod can't be a coach also, because guess what? When I coach I give lots of advice while the hand is going on.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R,

You are obviously a part of the low-ethics gang here on 2+2 and are the one who needs to stop posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...i did spend time in prison
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 AM

BluffThis,
You don't know what an over/under is. This is sad.

You're annoying as hell.

I don't get your undertitle.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:41 AM

nation,

Don't try to blur the distinction between coaching as commonly understood, and 1 player being the true owner of a group of accounts which he hires a sweatshop of employees to play.