Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Round Two FINAL SCORES

Oh actually i do not know about the excluding of an actress earlier entered, as i just found out my next actress has showed up before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, it would be nice if it was clearified how much weight is put on the characters personality, the characters charm/carisma/sex appeal, and how much on the look.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Picture needed from VoraciousReader

Scores needed from Tarheel for Kathyseagull, GermanGuy, and Mrs. Utah.

Then of course, all 3 will need to judge VR's pic.

We should be done with this contest by next month, no problem!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What i mean is that there should a bit bigger influence from the character, but not the movie itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be in a perfect world, but I've seen but a fraction of the films listed and of those I don't have a 100% grasp on their character as it's been awhile. It would have to take someone like a Roger Ebert who sees every film for a living to have seen all of these (even Dominic didn't see Laurel Canyon, which I coincidentally have), and then he would still be required to come up with a qualified analysis of their character to reach a rating.

Also importantly, we're not allowed to turn in "incomplete" scores, which I tried to do in round one. Understandable when you've only got three people judging but it means unqualified answers are inevitable.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Yes this contest sure is taking its time [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

But about the ratings, i think the judges have done well so far, and often deducted points, for characters being too thin, but maybe not adding enough for character substanse.

Lately however, it has begun to turn into a look contest, more than a character contest, at least on the surface and from the judges comments.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 PM

Also, I tried to ban Kimbell for saying this contest was getting boring and hating on all these hot chicks. However, it didn't seem to have stuck as the ban period may have been too short? (0.00001 days, whatever that equals...just enough time to clear his head).
Old 11-05-2007, 03:04 PM

Yes i know, and it is also our own "problem" to choose chraracters from movies known by the 3 of you.

I thought that when judging an unknown character, you would often end up with a mediocre score (no more then 8) as atleast 1-2 point have to rely on the character, as it is easy to find beautiful women [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway tuq i have not seem all the movies used in the first couple of rounds either, and surely you need to judge them also, but as Kimbell pointed out, it is starting to look like a beaty contest, not that i have any problems with that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Just nice to know how you calculate the score, as this contest is important to some of us [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 03:05 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow as Viola, in Shakespeare in Love:

I apologize for the late entry. I wasn't online much this weekend.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I tried to ban Kimbell for saying this contest was getting boring and hating on all these hot chicks. However, it didn't seem to have stuck as the ban period may have been too short? (0.00001 days, whatever that equals...just enough time to clear his head).

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww, I was in class and I missed it.

Whatev, I think you guys know what I was saying. It just seemed like at this rate, the entries for the next round will be the cast of Into the Blue.

Not that that wouldn't have its perks.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww, I was in class and I missed it.

Whatev, I think you guys know what I was saying. It just seemed like at this rate, the entries for the next round will be the cast of Into the Blue.

Not that that wouldn't have its perks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I very much take into account the quality of the movie and character...that's why Denise Richards did score particularly well for me. And while Tomb Raider is not a good movie, the Lara Croft character is undoubtedly very cool and hot!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually i think that for the same reason, we should make a deal, like a hot actress nominated for one role, should not be allowed to reenter the competition, despite being a different character, just to prevent the same 5 hot women, from competing over and over again.

What i mean is that there should a bit bigger influence from the character, but not the movie itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god Number is right. I am guilty for recycling Kate Beckinsale. Should we scrap this and start all over? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]