Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: The refs have drastically favored the Heat so far.

[ QUOTE ]
Did Wade forget Darko? I know he didn't really play, but he went to the finals first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing. But then I remembered that everybody forgets Darko!

Also, Brian Cook and Luke Walton were in that draft.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saunders gives the Heat credit for holding them down, but dms doesn't. Let me check the Credibility Meter...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said the Heat played well. What credit do you want me to give them? They played well, well enough to win the series. They're just not a good enough team to beat the Pistons at their best.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANSWER ME THIS: WHY DIDN'T THE 2006 DETROIT PISTONS PLAY THEIR BEST IN THIS SERIES?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 PM

Miami played well enough that they deserved to win, although they wouldn't win every time against the Pistons at their best.

The Pistons deserved to lose.

I'm a huge basketball fan and NBA fan, so I'm going to watch the finals, but it will be bittersweet. I'm rooting for Miami against Dallas (or Phoenix). I like Shaq, Mourning, and Wade. Really the only one on the Heat I don't like is Payton.

Congratulations to the Heat and especially to Shaq who was unstoppable tonight.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 PM

I'm all up for debating silly sports stuff. Ignoring results and just going with our own personal opinions about which teams are better than others is one of those silly subjects.

It's silly because it doesn't matter. The Pistons lost, and I doubt they're in the locker room trying to make themselves feel better by discussing the various things that still make them the better team. They lost, and the 'better team' shouldn't look like the worse team during the whole series. Part of being the better team is being able to play your best game when it counts the most.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's silly because it doesn't matter. The Pistons lost, and I doubt they're in the locker room trying to make themselves feel better by discussing the various things that still make them the better team. They lost, and and the 'better team' shouldn't look like the worse team during the whole series. Part of being the better team is being able to play your best game when it counts the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for writing this, so much more clearly and succinctly than I am doing.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saunders gives the Heat credit for holding them down, but dms doesn't. Let me check the Credibility Meter...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said the Heat played well. What credit do you want me to give them? They played well, well enough to win the series. They're just not a good enough team to beat the Pistons at their best.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANSWER ME THIS: WHY DIDN'T THE 2006 DETROIT PISTONS PLAY THEIR BEST IN THIS SERIES?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Are you trying to refute a claim with this?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all up for debating silly sports stuff. Ignoring results and just going with our own personal opinions about which teams are better than others is one of those silly subjects.

It's silly because it doesn't matter. The Pistons lost, and I doubt they're in the locker room trying to make themselves feel better by discussing the various things that still make them the better team. They lost, and the 'better team' shouldn't look like the worse team during the whole series. Part of being the better team is being able to play your best game when it counts the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more semantics than anything else. I don't really disagree with what you're saying and it doesn't sound like you disagree with what I'm saying. We're just defining the better team in different ways.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Heat have played well.

There is absolutely no doubt that the Pistons lost this series with their horrible shooting.

The Pistons at their best are significantly better than the Heat at their best.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know?

There is never a situation where both teams are playing their absolute best. All you have is what happened. Detroit couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their jumpers, while Miami knocked down better than 50% of their shots over the course of the series. Result: Stu Jackson just handed a trophy to Arison and Riley...

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question, unless you really think that either team would usually shoot either of their percentages.

The Pistons definitely looked just aweful for the last 2 series, but aside from this last game, they weren't really blown out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a great team, like you seem to think they are, knock down the shots that matter in an elimination game?

The Heat shot 50%+ because they went to the hoop and got easy shots while Detroit was settling for jumpers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, maybe they should switch to a best of 15 format.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I'm being retarded. The better team can never lose in a 7-game series.

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually are being pretty retarded.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Because they won 12 fewer games in the regular season? If the Bulls had beaten the Heat would you think Chicago was the better team?