Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Average Speed XIII - Game Thread

<u>Siegmund</u>

[ QUOTE ]

I could very easily be persuaded that one or the other of Neil and Dustin is evil. So, yeah, if we lynch one of you and you come up clean I'll be up for lynching the other one tomorrow.

All things being equal, though, I'll take Dustin first.
"nothing but specious arguments": that seems to be a few people's style around here (and is why I won't shed too many tears over eskimo even if he turns up villager)... an unhelpful style, but some are committed to it. "Nothing but specious arguments" is a good way to get me to lynch someone in the midgame. All things being equal, on day 1 it's the people who are full of superduperwowlookatme reads I want to club. For a change we don't have many people claiming they've busted the whole game open after six hours this time. Neil stopped somewhat short of the traditional fake seer claim, and Dustin has sprouted two extra hands so he can point us in four directions at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patton,

this post and a few others is one of the reasons I think Siegmund is good. His thoughts about eskimo come from Sopranos.

His writing and tone feels very real to me. His thoughts about me seem honest.

[ QUOTE ]

"Nothing but specious arguments" is a good way to get me to lynch someone in the midgame. All things being equal, on day 1 it's the people who are full of superduperwowlookatme reads I want to club.

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph especially is just great. I don't see wolf-Siegmund writing this.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, notice how thesmell hasn't cast a vote for Neil or Eskimo at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't voted Neil yet, because I think Neil is villagery.

Neil said a couple times he was going to play this game like a turbo. I've played in two turbos with Neil, one with him as wolf and one with him as village. I just got finished rereading Neil's interactions in those two games, and frankly his play thus far resembles his game as villager much more. Obviously I don't have the wealth of information dustin or any of the others have for coming for a basis for this decision, but I'm going to go with what I know, rather than be led around blindly by someone who has been attacking Neil from the start. Going back to reread about the Eskimo interchange from earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote is Dustin/TheSmell

Note 6: Smell has bad post (maybe just unlucky) (6:55)

Analysis today: This is a very good post for a new guy, but maybe he was thinking it would help save Neil, and then again maybe it is just unlucky, but it coupled with Smell's earlier post and a general suspicion of him from others firmly keeps TheSmell in the wolfy column for now.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dang it, what do I do. Scott faked seer, but Dustin is acting nuttily egotistical. I hate BOTH metagames and don't know how to register my displeasure for both with one vote.

[Lynch Scott]

[Early night]

[Lynch Dustin]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I datamined all the regulars last night.

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, but that was just when my bot was playing. Now that you're here I'll manually intervene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin, since you're so dead set on Neil, I gave him another look.

the experimental wolf/villager tell for neil actually makes these two posts wolfy. (I will never give this tell away)
I actually missed it the first time around.
Note: I do not have a lot of trust for this experimental tell so far.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yay KM is playing

[/ QUOTE ]Good thing, since she's a villager and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how Neil came to this conclusion so quickly. The good news is that if he is a wolf, KM is a villager.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im going to be upset if eskimo gets lynched over Neil.

We shouldn't lynch a guy who seems to not care at all and who has barely posted. Is it weird? yes. But we can give him a day.

Who we should lynch is someone who has posted a bunch of a fluff, while offering no thoughts on the game while being fake the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you realize how suicidial this kind of idiotic voting pattern is? By rewarding people who don't even care, and turbovoting people for actually taking the effort to read and reply to people, you're trying to turn everyone into Eskimo.

Adn if that happens then werewolf becomes just a repeated coinflip, because between all the fake seering and nonsense, everyone's votes will be no better than random.

So you know what? I just won't bother, if that's what counts as 'villagey.'

In fact that makes sense. Scott votes people who edit their posts, instead of just splashing out whatever stupid thing is on the top of their heads. You won't vote people who float along and joke like Eskimo.

So clearly the most pro-village thing I can do is not talk the rest of this stupid game, morons. Hope you're happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, this rant is what LOOKS villager to me. I could be fooled.

[ QUOTE ]
Forget you. You're wrecking werewolf with your self-centered idiocy Dustin. It's not even fun with you around. There's no skill to it, it's just HEY EVERYBODY I WANT TO RUN THIS THREAD SO I WILL DO WHAT IT HINK IS FUNNY FOR ME.

Hey? You know what? You even announced you were doing that.

This is stupid. THis is truly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

but I don't think I'm wrong. Is Neil capable of faking this tone as a wolf????

I argue "unlikely!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a [ost of Lucky's in which he quotes Neil's posts and analyzes them

Note 7: Lucky- key Neil post (7:54)

Analysis today: This is Lucky, IMO, trying to use his might to move the Neil wagon off its tracks. Lucky has the cojones to try and do this for a wolf bud. Lucky is a wolf.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Analysis today: This is a very good post for a new guy, but maybe he was thinking it would help save Neil, and then again maybe it is just unlucky, but it coupled with Smell's earlier post and a general suspicion of him from others firmly keeps TheSmell in the wolfy column for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

First. Smell has played in a few turbos and he isn't stupid and he knows how to write.

Also- more important than him voting Eskimo is Neil's interactions with him early in the day. TheSmell is very wolfy early but Neil just ignores him and only votes him when he realizes that he needs to have a suspect, any suspect, because he basically had none all day. Then Neil finds out its his first game and unvotes him.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eskimo

I've already stated why I don't like a Neil vote, so Eskimo feels like the next best option. He posted no content whatsoever and even when confronted, felt no desire to contribute. Even if he isn't a wolf, it's better for the village to keep someone who will definitely contribute, rather than someone who is completely apathetic to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note 8: Smell- smelly post (7:55)

Analysis today- another Smell post defending why he is not voting Neil. A little bit of overkill IMO, especially the part about contributing members needing to live.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eskimo

I've already stated why I don't like a Neil vote, so Eskimo feels like the next best option. He posted no content whatsoever and even when confronted, felt no desire to contribute. Even if he isn't a wolf, it's better for the village to keep someone who will definitely contribute, rather than someone who is completely apathetic to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note 8: Smell- smelly post (7:55)

Analysis today- another Smell post defending why he is not voting Neil. A little bit of overkill IMO, especially the part about contributing members needing to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. This is not one of his better posts.

But his first post is just one of the worst ever
[ QUOTE ]

Hey herbie, don't think I've played with you yet. This is my first long game, but I've played in a few turbos so far. Let me know what I need to do, to help you catch some wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel good about voting Smell after Luckay and KM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to bring up the "d1 someone got wagoned quickly" tell, but I will for Neil

He has at least tried to emulate the "villager tone." At least I was fooled. I'm sure several other villagers would be fooled. But to get so many votes so fast? Inconceivable!

The thing about wolves is that it's hard to bandwagon them early because 4 additional people (1/5th of the players!) will be very hesitant to vote for their team-mate. This is why Neil S, who has SOUNDED like a villager, probably IS IN FACT a villager.

So let's go for someone else. Kapiche, Dustin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note 9: Lucky "Get out of jail free" post (8:01)

Analysis today: I called this the "GOOJF" post because it is Lucky still trying to derail the Neil wagon, but at the same time acknowledging that Neil may be a wolf. It looks to me like a post someone could fall back on later, hence their get out of jail free post. Lucky is a wolf.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jack Bando,

you barely posted anything yesterday but showed up to vote me just a few minutes before night. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that jumps out at me because the wagons were tied and it's a one word post. It's almost too wolfy.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KM

[/ QUOTE ]
im going through the thread now
this is eskimo early
iirc he left his vote on km all day (until late)
we all know eskimo claimed seer with KM as wolf.
i have a theory about why eskimo did what he did, but i cant reveal it. no, the theory isnt "zomg km is a wolf". i mean, she almost certainly is, but thats not what im talking about.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM

btw

wolves:
km
boiler
jack
thesmell