Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 88 84.62%
(16) The World is Not Enough 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

[ QUOTE ]
is Admo...anyone have the AdmoSignal handy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY
Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM

this thread has better pics than the absolute threads
Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id like to see evryone who has posted in this threads lifetime winnings (OBV besides the few BIG winners I know)

I guarantee its worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been at least a dozen big winners posting in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

beyond that, others aren't parading around as god's gift to poker

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of something Ebert said about Rob Schneider in a review of 'European Gigolo':

[ QUOTE ]
The movie created a spot of controversy last February. According to a story by Larry Carroll of MTV News, Rob Schneider took offense when Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times listed this year's Best Picture Nominees and wrote that they were "ignored, unloved and turned down flat by most of the same studios that ... bankroll hundreds of sequels, including a follow-up to 'Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,' a film that was sadly overlooked at Oscar time because apparently nobody had the foresight to invent a category for Best Running Penis Joke Delivered by a Third-Rate Comic."

Schneider retaliated by attacking Goldstein in full-page ads in Daily Variety and the Hollywood Reporter. In an open letter to Goldstein, Schneider wrote: "Well, Mr. Goldstein, I decided to do some research to find out what awards you have won. I went online and found that you have won nothing. Absolutely nothing. No journalistic awards of any kind ... Maybe you didn't win a Pulitzer Prize because they haven't invented a category for Best Third-Rate, Unfunny Pompous Reporter Who's Never Been Acknowledged by His Peers."

Reading this, I was about to observe that Schneider can dish it out but he can't take it. Then I found he's not so good at dishing it out, either. I went online and found that Patrick Goldstein has won a National Headliner Award, a Los Angeles Press Club Award, a RockCritics.com award, and the Publicists' Guild award for lifetime achievement.

Schneider was nominated for a 2000 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, but lost to Jar-Jar Binks.

But Schneider is correct, and Patrick Goldstein has not yet won a Pulitzer Prize. Therefore, Goldstein is not qualified to complain that Columbia financed "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" while passing on the opportunity to participate in "Million Dollar Baby," "Ray," "The Aviator," "Sideways" and "Finding Neverland." As chance would have it, I have won the Pulitzer Prize, and so I am qualified. Speaking in my official capacity as a Pulitzer Prize winner, Mr. Schneider, your movie sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahah i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this review

when Roger Ebert really hates a movie his reviews are some of the funniest ish ever
Old 10-12-2007, 04:15 PM

i have realized something -

fgators is just a not very degenerate gambling addict. a lot of 2p2 winners are not really addicted, not him. fgators displays all the signs of a gambling addict (stubbornness, belief that 'it's rigged', yet unwillingness to give up).

it's really weird - most gambling addicts are either terrible players or they get really good. fgators is neither.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really think one day they are gonna surprise me like Publisher's Clearinghouse and say I was a running psychological experiement and that they'll write me a check for $250k.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would just dump it back over 9.2 million hands of 1/2nl
Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's see what phil ivey has to say about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god I just lost a testicle
Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you guys should try checking out the original harrington on holdem frontpage and see what it used to be... I love how he took out "betting after the flop" and on fourth and fifth street but kept "betting before the flop"..

gold
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Can HoldemManager show the standard deviation ? It would be interesting to know.

If we assume he has a typical SD of ~40PTBB for 100 hands, that is 80bb for 100 hands, we can say with a 3-sigma confidence (99.7%) that his true winrate is somewhere between -2.0bb/100 and 2.2bb/100. If he's as weak/tight as described by his opponents, we could assume a much smaller SD, like ~20PTBB for 100 hands, which would lead to a winrate between -0.9bb/100 and 1.1bb/100.

It's sick that after so many hands, it's still not clear whether he's a winner of not. Actually, from those numbers and with those SD there is ~55-60% chance he's a winner (in the strict sense of the term, that is >0bb/100). Not that it's what really matters in this story though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really think one day they are gonna surprise me like Publisher's Clearinghouse and say I was a running psychological experiement and that they'll write me a check for $250k.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would just dump it back over 686k hands of 2/4nl and then [b]make it back at 1/2nl over 119.5 million hands

[/ QUOTE ]