Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

SnG's used to be awesome fun!

Like 10 tabling and having such a basic easy strategy, was awesome.

Me, gelford and jay used to play tonnes. Although NL cash>Sng.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My extremely limited experience with SnG's is that they are the ultimate donkament. You can be the massive chip leader with 4 left and finish out of the money. I know that could happen in any tourney (the huge chip leader could bubble, but I think it happens moreso in the SnG's because the total number of chips just isn't that great.

Running bad in SnG's is the suckage too....you really wind up sucking air when you can't win the coinflips.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I've been experimenting in them a lot recently. About 350 sample size over past two weeks. I have been the absolutely dominating stack 4-handed and bubbled out at least 10 times, if I had to guess. It's not only losing coinflips but running bad as a 60/40 underdog on bubble when you HAVE to push with stuff like J8s and get called, lose to A6o. I mean you had the worst of it but still should win a decent amount of the time. It seems recently like I'm losing these situations almost every time.

Still going to stick with it a bit longer, I don't tilt at all during SNG. Maybe enough of this and I can get my thought right for cash games. My typical reaction to losing AA vs. 97o preflop in SNG is, meh, open a new one... cash game I just go spewing all over.

End game situation is appealing to me somewhat. It doesn't bear much resemblence to typical poker but it's kind of fun in a sick way.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m runing bad UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone figure out why after someone gets stacked, they get up and rebuy at another table? I've never understood this.

[/ QUOTE ]I do this sometimes just to avoid playing back at the person. But, generally I don't immediately join another table. Take a minute to cool down first.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $146.70
Hero (UTG): $94.35
MP: $50
CO: $82.45
BTN: $87.25
SB: $49.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero folds, CO calls $3

Flop: ($12.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, CO calls $2

Turn: ($16.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $15.45</font>, CO calls $15.45

River: ($47.15) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20</font>, BB calls $20

I folded preflop, but try to guess what CO and BB had. I'll show results after a few people guess.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 PM

no clue.

tiny bet = Scared PP.
Huge turn bet... Ummmm 88?
Calls river.... 88....

Co? Hmm FD maybe.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Results: $87.15 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (high card Ace) and WON $84.15 (+$41.70 NET)
CO showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (high card Jack) and LOST (-$42.45 NET)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 PM

Well, they should move up to NL$2k or so - They leveled my hard.

I guess it makes sense.

BB has AK so he bets weak and gets called, knows he's ahead so bet biger. But CO tricks him and makes a GSD which beats A-high so he calls to trick him. THen rivers another GSD and has two GSDS beating 2pair now.... so vlaue bets.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 PM

lol. I just thought, "wow, BB is either an enormous fish or made an incredible read."
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 PM

ive been looking over sessions from late august (whe i was winning) and now, and im noticing im becoming more and more weaktight...i guess it just seems like if i 3bet with an overpair (which ive done like never lately) theyll turn up with a set. i just found this one and...

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $13.75
BB: $27.25
UTG: $22.80
MP: $29.25
Hero (CO): $26.25
BTN: $17.25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($11) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

Results: $15 Pot ($0.70 Rake)
SB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Fives) and LOST (-$7 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $14.30 (+$7.30 NET)

i really need to get value out of my hands. i dunno, i just felt like they always have 2 pair or better when they raise the flop when they just dont..
Old 10-06-2007, 12:03 AM

I have moved to stars GG REGS
Closed Thread