FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

Dustin

Your game was decided on Day 1 by YOUR decision to NOT join, or attempt to form, an alliance. You had to be different, and you will lose the game because of it. Don't go blaming the people that came in to this game to win for your failings.

[ QUOTE ]

I also believe you have a serious misunderstanding of the game dynamics at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM

seriously,

When RT first posted he asked if there was any downside to joining the alliance.

I said that all the players not in the alliance wouldn't vote for the last person to join, and he joined anyways. That was his decision. He has to live the consequences.

[censored] all of you guys who are trying to act like we have no integrity.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Zurvan,

please stop addressing me this game.

If it comes down to you vs almost in the final, most likely I'll be voting for you as mayor. So just be happy with that and stop talking to me please.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kokiri - EV in a game like this isn't about your average finish - it's about how often you WIN. Improving your average finish but assuring that you never actually win is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed: you stood a better chance of winning switching to us imo a couple of days ago. I've been saying all game long that the last few people to join your group are helping their average finish at the expense of their chance of winning and i think that is true.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also believe you have a serious misunderstanding of the game dynamics at this point. I believe I am in a fine position right now

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point, i'm no longer focussing on getting you to move - I've pretty much given up on you But it's more in RT or BM's interest's to switch than it is in yours.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Me and 1/2 the players in the game were dead on D1 because we were too stubborn and anti-establishment to join your alliance.

For me, the game WAS decided on D1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed, I told you all on day 1 that I wanted to keep spots open for people to earn their way in. I also said that the best way to fight against an alliance that has reached a critical mass of support was to support them as well to try to earn your way in and prove more valuable/appealing/whatever than some of the fringe members. Instead you decided to fight and you lost. Blaming the alliance for your fate at this point is totally counterproductive and keeps you from learning why you keep losing early in these games (and it honestly has very little to do with what people think of you)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan,

If it comes down to you vs almost in the final, most likely I'll be voting for you as mayor. So just be happy with that and stop talking to me please.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth sucks sometimes, doesn't it?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] all of you guys who are trying to act like we have no integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be fair I didn't really mean that - I posted before thinking - my bad, I apologize. Following through with something you said does not show a lack of integrity. I do think in this case rigidly standing by some day 1 blather shows a lack of imagination but w/e it's not nearly the same thing.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan,

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zurvan,

I would never have joined your alliance D1. We can keep playing this game over and over again, and I will never join such an alliance D1. And people like RT and Eskimo and keep losing over and over too. And then maybe your alliance never happens and I start winning some games.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And then maybe your alliance never happens and I start winning some games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every reality show in the history of the world, based on voting people out, like this one, has had alliances formed. In nearly every case, a member of one of those alliances went on to win the game. The cases where a non-alliance member one were due to the alliance imploding due to lack of trust or very sub-optimal play.

On POG, every single political game has had a dominant alliance, in which a member went on to win.

The fact is, as long as there are people in a game whose primary concern is winning the game, there will be alliances, and one will come to dominate, somehow.

You have three choices - play & form an alliance to try and win, play & not form an alliance and lose, or not play because the game is not played in a way you enjoy.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 AM

the whole point is that joining a majority alliance cannot be +ev for all the members.

Because if it is +ev for all the members, then these types of games are lame and I don't want to play in them anymore. Punishing Rt and Eskimo lets it be known that it isn't +ev for people to get into alliances like that, and thats whats going to happen.

Now if you guys all want to support Eskimo over somebody like Dmk in the final to disprove me, then thats actually fine too.