Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

***dead***

welcome, durron!

***dead***

(Jared, I know dead posting is illegal, but I just wanted to say something, since this game has been down since Friday. If this is construed as strategy, or if you want to just delete it, go ahead, no hard feelings. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 AM

Wow... that's a weird kill. He had more than a few people suspecting him. Why waste a kill on someone who's likely to get lynched?

We still have a seer in this one, right? Could it have been a seer hunt? If so, then he must have posted something to make the WW suspect him. That makes me think he had at least 1 wolf right. If I get some time today, I'll go back through his posts.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:38 AM

What a retarded kill. I hope this clears me from your lists. I would never kill durron here. I think I'm the only person in this game who thoughts he was a villager.

My vote will go to tiedup and will most likely stay on tiedup unless a seer comes out.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:45 AM

interesting; durron was close to being the next lynched...why would they waste a night on him? there are only 2 logical explanations that i see

a) they thought he may be the final seer = he was on to something, so let's re-read his posts

b) they anticipated what we'd think it meant that he was eaten, and their anticipated outcome for that is good for them
Old 05-08-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting; durron was close to being the next lynched...why would they waste a night on him? there are only 2 logical explanations that i see

a) they thought he may be the final seer = he was on to something, so let's re-read his posts

b) they anticipated what we'd think it meant that he was eaten, and their anticipated outcome for that is good for them

[/ QUOTE ]

While I like your list, and usually agree with it under most circumstances, I find 1 to be far likelier than 2. 2 seems to suggest they killed durron to frame a villager, which is really retarded considering durron was most likely going down anyways.

Someone else check out durron's posts (I'm at work and can only post sporadically) and let me knwo what you find.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:58 AM

at first glance, i agree

however, then i thought about it some more

he was a likely lynch today...at which point the village sees he's a villager but doesn't really care to look as much at his old posts since we did the damage...but now that the wolves ate him, we WILL look back at his posts to see what made them think he's the seer...so by eating him, they caused us to look and take his lists more seriously...since they know that, maybe they WANT us to go after his lists?

how many more days can we be wrong before we have to be perfect?

i'm thinking if he really said something damaging that they woulda waited one more day to see if he was lynched today...unless they thought if he's lynched he can have last words before the thread is locked, so he'd spill his guts, thus hurting them...so i guess i can see them eating him tonite if they think he's a seer, but i don't think it's FAR more likely due to the fact that they know it's gonna put the wolves on his list into the spotlight
Old 05-08-2006, 11:02 AM

We can miss 5 more times.

I have a hunch. It involves Alex Levin. I want to think about it some more to see if it's even plausible, though.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 AM

Nich

Your theory, while a reasonable one, implies that our wolves are very smart. That's a big assumption. Obviously, that could be the case, but I'm not convinced.

That requires the wolves to be sure that we would go through his posts & pick up on the correct targets. Unless he was 100% wrong, and they don't care who we lynch.

I think it's more likely that they got him on a seer hunt, since he has been acting strangely. We can work ourselves in to knots with the "the WW want us to think he was on to something, so we should ignore his posts, but they could have thought we'd think that... blah blah blah." The simplest solution is probably best.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The simplest solution is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all well and good. But what IS the simple solution. I don't think there is one concerning durron's posts.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The simplest solution is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all well and good. But what IS the simple solution. I don't think there is one concerning durron's posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - doing this & working at the same time is a problem.

By simplest solution, I meant "most likely reason they ate him". I think that means they thought he was the seer. Which means he's probably hit on at least 1 wolf in his posts that nobody else saw, or at least 1 that was UTR.

At lunch, I'll see if I can come up with a likely list.