Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but didn't you make a post about how the games were still you good and you were still playing them in one of these threads after everything already started to go down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't have much sympathy for the people who should have known better. That doesn't make it right for you to get screwed, but I don't feel very sorry for you, either.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM

ikestoys I know I am chiming in when nobody cares, but continueing to play after this has all gone down is basically asking to get all your money taken, I'm sorry if it happens, but you asked for it by continueing there, you said that you took out a lot of your bankroll you could have prevented any worry by removing it all.

Cheers!
John
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from but what do you want people to do? Should your name be mentioned in every post? Should we be flying to Costa Rica and drawing up picket signs on the plane?

[/ QUOTE ]
No its just a statement that the people shouting down Dan Druff and now me have no [censored] clue what its like to be in our position, and to accuse him of being paid off, being an idiot, or somehow having less than moral standards by a bunch of people whose buyin is probably less than his big bet is frankly ridiculous.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 PM

Good point. I don't feel any sympathy for ike b/c he is still playing there. Maybe he said it for obvious reasons but it doesn't sound that way.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott and Phil list two different STATES with Canton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canton, MD is a small suburb of Baltimore that is known to basically no one outside the surrounding DC/MD/VA areas. I have many friends around there, and they've all laughed if I asked if it was possible for one of the Tom's to live there.

Compare this to Canton, MI which is on the border of Canada, is much larger than Canton, MD and is incredibly affluent.

One of these is just a regular small-town suburb. The other is exactly the type of place you'd expect young, rich businessman involved in a company that runs out of Canada to live in.

Consider that Phil is simply listing two different locations as his home: Baltimore, MD and Canton, MI.

I was born and raised in Sarasota, FL but have lived in Dallas for the last 16 months. I consider both these places my home.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, let me just state that I sincerely hope that you get every penny out of there!! Jesus, this is scary. I got on 2+2 when my kid had 6k stuck in Neteller and thought that was a huge deal and lost lots of sleep over it. Seriously, I know nothing about you but hang in and for god's sake do all the w/d's you possibly can ASAP!!! Kiddmom
Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

even if someone makes 2 or 3 small mistakes an hour (trying to bluff kings off a hand or something) on purpose it is enough to go unnoticed as long as they don't chip dump. There is probably a thin line between the best limit player in the world like Hoss or Schneids and a superuser that makes a half a dozen mistakes an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild,

There is a big difference between making very good decisions with all the information you have available, and being able to make perfect decisions with perfect information. Schneids, etc., ROUTINELY make Fundamental Theory of Poker Mistakes, and it's a lot more than 6 per hour.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a pair of photos side by side of the myspace dude and another known to be Phil Tom, IMO, they appeared to be different guys but that is far from certain. The nose and jaw both appeared significantly different to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably not Phil Tom. I can say that with 75% certainty

edit to change %
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 PM

That's all well and good, and I agree it's very plausible. However, I wouldn't go so far as to use it as evidence to base a conclusion off of. I think it should remain something to investigate further for now. And if there's no other way to investigate it at the moment, then we should keep it in mind while reviewing the other facts, but again not base any conclusions on it.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 PM

we interrupt this thread to bring you the latest Digg count..

1734 and still steadily rising. It's number 5 in the top ten.

Major online poker room caught cheating
Closed Thread