Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

Yes, this IS possible, it's rare, but just because you can't doesn't mean it's not possible.

Stupid absolutist statements just make people look dense. You say 95% or 90% I'm probably with you, but 100% just sounds close minded and silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids, its not possible. call it what you want, but its just not. there are some things the human body cant do. being 5'8" and 220lbs at 5% bodyfat without the use of added hormones is one of them.

a baseball player hitting 24 more homeruns than his career best and 40 points higher than his career average at 37 years old just doesnt happen without drugs.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Super ripped 220 pounds at 5 feet 8 is 100% on steroids every time, you don't need anything else. I'm six feet tall and I could never be ripped at 220 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

Yes, this IS possible, it's rare, but just because you can't doesn't mean it's not possible.

Stupid absolutist statements just make people look dense. You say 95% or 90% I'm probably with you, but 100% just sounds close minded and silly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids,

How about 300 pounds ripped at 5 feet 2? 400 pounds ripped at 3 feet 6? Are there ANY absolutes here? Maybe 220 ripped for 5'8'' is one of them, and you just aren't aware of it. Stupid and dense, my ass.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Dids,

There are times when you would be better off just admitting you're wrong, or perhaps bowing out of an argument where you are outclassed. This is one of those times.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM

meh, the argument is stupid really and pretty nitty, but I think it is possible to be 5 8 and 220 (and there is no way beniot competed at 5% bf, you cant compete athletically too well at that low of bf, he was probably more like 8 to 10%). franco columbo was 5 5 and 200 during comps, and this was before tons and tons fo steroids were used in competitions. Nowadays, someone with total dedication, the use of legal drugs, could probably get to 220 and 8% bf at 5 8 naturally. It would take 10 years, but its not impossible, and I dont care what anyone says. saying taht you cant be ripped at 6 ft/220 is showing just general lack of knowledge. I have no doubt benoit probably used, but saying things "in general" when most of you dont know what you are talking about seems odd.

fwiw, this is probably about 7 to 9% BF, its due to the fact that he is so huge that it doesnt look this way:

Old 06-28-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm willing to compromise on 99%, but Franco Columbu definitely used steroids, just not in the amounts and concentrations that are widely used today.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:58 PM

When guids and I agree...

Blarg,

"it makes little sense to wallow in the highly unlikely"

I wouldn't say I'm wallowing in it. I'm not trying to argue that Benoit didn't use or that it's silly to think he did. I just strongly dislike people making absolute statements about non-absolute situations.

If people on the internet never used the words "clearly, obviously, 100%," and their ilk seriously ever again, we'd all be better off.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 PM

step away guids. franco columbo? he trained with arnold. those guys were on plenty of juice. obviously not to the level of todays pro bodybuilders, but they had plenty.

and you are out of your mind about someone being 5'8" 220 and ripped. its never appeared on a natural bodybuilding stage (even though most people in the know know most high level "natural" bodybuilders are just "clean" in time for the pee test) where guys do nothing but eat, sleep, and train bodybuilding.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to compromise on 99%, but Franco Columbu definitely used steroids, just not in the amounts and concentrations that are widely used today.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, columbU def used, but it was such a miniscule amount that you could probably ramp up your natural testosterone levels by using science, and certain legal drugs to do what he did. The difference between the general pop, and these guys it that they have nothing to do all day but rest, workout, eat, and repeat.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When guids and I agree...

Blarg,

"it makes little sense to wallow in the highly unlikely"

I wouldn't say I'm wallowing in it. I'm not trying to argue that Benoit didn't use or that it's silly to think he did. I just strongly dislike people making absolute statements about non-absolute situations.

If people on the internet never used the words "clearly, obviously, 100%," and their ilk seriously ever again, we'd all be better off.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids,

one of the key skills I learned in business school was learning to make decisions with incomplete information and/or with limited amount of time. we need to learn how to do this, b/c we will never have 100% of the information or time we need. you learn to be comfortable with this, b/c that's the way life is.

am I 100% certain that Benoit or however did steroids or whatever? No. but it doesn't matter, b/c I'm comfortable making a decision with the information I have.

so, [ QUOTE ]
"I just strongly dislike people making absolute statements about non-absolute situations. "

[/ QUOTE ] this doesn't bother me so much anymore b/c I almost am never faced with an absolute situation in life.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:05 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

no, columbU def used, but it was such a miniscule amount that you could probably ramp up your natural testosterone levels by using science, and certain legal drugs to do what he did. The difference between the general pop, and these guys it that they have nothing to do all day but rest, workout, eat, and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahha ahahahahahahah

wait wait

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

him and arnold were popping d-bol like it was candy.

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah