Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

Once we get into the final 11, 9 of us are going to have to decide who wins out of the remaining 2. Laying out a clear decision making process for the voting and sticking to it seems to be sensible. Doing so in a way which gives people who otherwise have an incentive to eliminate me an incentive to support me here and now seems to be not only sensible, but good strategy.

Moreover, if people are prepared to switch, at this point, i am prepared to do anything in my power to ensure that the two people who switch will make the final two.

Thus, if people are prepared to switch to my side, they have a better chance of winning than if they stay. If they choose not to maximise their chance of winning, so be it.

My order of preference for the final two will be (least to most):

BM
RT
Bravossi
Herbie
Mets
Zurvan
DMK

I will stick to it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Laying out a clear decision making process for the voting and sticking to it seems to be sensible. Doing so in a way which gives people who otherwise have an incentive to eliminate me an incentive to support me here and now seems to be not only sensible, but good strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. You're making a mockery of the game. You should be rewarding the people who have played the game well. People who laugh in the face of threats are playing very well and should be rewarded for their courage.

[ QUOTE ]

I will stick to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

doubtful.

The funny thing is that for all of our threats, RT and Eskimo aren't even coming close to making it to the final 2, making all the threats pointless.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 AM

Dustin, I have to wonder why you're here playing POG mayor, when you could be making a killing at the poker tables with your mind-reader...

Or, you know, you have no idea who's going to make the final two, and you're trying to scare RT & Eskimo in to switching. It hasn't worked for 4 days... isn't it time to come up with a better strategy?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 AM

Whats amusing to me is that people already act as though they have decided the order of preference for their final votes.

As for who I intend to eliminate - I will be rereading the thread today to see which non-alliance person has provided the least in terms of content and entertainment value. Off the top of my head I would imagine this means that Dustin and Val are safe but I'm going to reread with an open mind so we'll see. There is also plenty of time yet today to influence my decision.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats amusing to me is that people already act as though they have decided the order of preference for their final votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Herbie,

Please admit that you know damned well that I'm stubborn enough to stick with my plan and my threats.

I love how you guys are all acting like I will change when I'm known for my stubborness.

As far as Val and Kokiri and AJ, idk. But please admit that I'm sticking with what I say.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you guys are all acting like I will change when I'm known for my stubborness.

[/ QUOTE ]

think of it less as stubbornness and more as a trust issue.

[censored] antiFPS bastards who are always playing trustworthily in order to help their metagame.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

think of it less as stubbornness and more as a trust issue.

[censored] antiFPS bastards who are always playing trustworthily in order to help their metagame.

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats what its about then it isnt about this game, but about future games, and thats wrong and you shouldn't do that.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] antiFPS bastards who are always playing trustworthily in order to win the game they're in.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Anyone with half a brain should be able to work through why betraying the alliance at any point after yesterday is a losing proposition. It only improves your finish if you would be the first alliance member voted out, and, even then, never more than 1 spot.

The average finish for a member of the alliance is 4th. If 3 people betray the alliance at 9 total players (needs three for a majority), then those three average 6th.

Assuming optimal play from the non-alliance members, jumping out of the alliance now lowers your average finishing position, and erases the possibility of winning. All it does it move the non-alliance players higher up the ladder. In fact, carrying a final 9 betrayal by 3 players to it's conclusion, you end up with a final 4 of the two remaining non-alliance players at final 9, as well as two alliance members who did not betray.

Think it out. Consider all scenarios. Make sure you pay attention to points when the current non-alliance members will have the opportunity to flip to the other unaligned players, and improve their finish.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Herbie,

Please admit that you know damned well that I'm stubborn enough to stick with my plan and my threats.

As far as Val and Kokiri and AJ, idk. But please admit that I'm sticking with what I say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably - although I do think that you will have enough integrity to reward someone if they play well as the game goes along. This kinda reminds me of the one season of big brother that I watched (Big Brother 2) where everyone hated Will and said they would never vote for him then he basically swept the voting at the end.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 AM

well i thought we demonstrated that it was clearly in the interests of players to leave their alliance in the last couple of days in order to enhance their EV in the game but they chose not to. So it must be the meta.

Anyway, it's LOL that Zurvan's kill of Luckay for anti-meta purposes is pure meta.