Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).

[/ QUOTE ]
No arrests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this rumor from non LSU fans and then LSU homers tell me its not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was an "incident."

There were NO arrests. Thank you BRPD.

Perrilloux might be in trouble again. Too early to say. Speculation: a suspension.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7275430

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are just born morons I guess.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Didn't read that monster of an NCAA thread, looks too big. That UGA game was a bit depressing. All I can keep telling myself is to look foward to next year. Some problems I saw for UF-

-Banged up. yeah, many of our starters were hurt for this game, especially on defense. our DL did not see that push that we first saw in the UK game, a shame because I thought they were really coming together. but as stated, many starters were hurt and yuck.

spikes is still overpersuing. He's fast as hell, but he gets out of position too often and misses some tackles. I think that our LB core will be great next year though after the trio gets more experience.

our DBs. yeah, Wondy got a pick six. He's still not very good though. out of position every time, etc. Don't even get me started on kyle jackson either (our FS), who got pulled for D. Munroe. I can't wait until M. Anderson and M. wright are back to full strength, they will help our DBs immensely. really miss reggie nelson/ryan smith right now.

our offense, obviously tebow's shoulder hampered him. you could see it yesterday when he ran. he ran much more carefully than we are used to seeing, instead of smashmouth right into you. I think that CI is underused, he's so clutch generally (though i saw he dropped a nice one in the third?). Kheston moore also fumbled twice in the first half, definitely a problem he's had in the past.

I think once we get a solid RB we'll be in better shape. our OL got destroyed as well, part of the reason i think was tebow's shoulder.

well...there is always next year. i told myself that i was prepared to lose 3-4 games this year and hopefully no more. i think that the future is very very bright for this team and once they get through their growing pains, we will have a championship caliber D.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).

[/ QUOTE ]
No arrests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this rumor from non LSU fans and then LSU homers tell me its not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was an "incident."

There were NO arrests. Thank you BRPD.

Perrilloux might be in trouble again. Too early to say. Speculation: a suspension.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7275430

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are just born morons I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let this whole thing be a lesson that when you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me."

It appears that Ryan was the victim of an assault.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/10852416.html
Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 PM

Orange, pretty accurate but I thought the RB spot did well outside of Moore. Harvin & James were very effective. Obviously we can't wait for Mon Williams to heal up for next year & then Moody to be in the mix along with Chevy Walker.
I think Wondy has been decent considering he just started playing football 2 years ago really. He was in position on that TD & just didn't get his hands up. He's just lacking the experience & mental play for the position.

LB & DL play has been horrific considering how much speed & talent we have. That's what I am most concerned about because obviously every freaking safety we have is horrible except for Major & he is hurt. More disconcerting that the young guys have not cracked the lineup.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 PM

We played way too badly to blame the loss to Mississippi State on the officials, but they clearly blew it on what turned out to be a backbreaking play for us.

This play occurred in the 4th quarter with UK driving in its own territory, down by 10, and was ruled a fumble:

The play was reviewed and the call on the field was upheld. Mississippi State scored two plays later to put the game out of reach.

The caption under the picture on the UK Athletics site reads, "Jacob Tamme gets tackled before he fumbles." LOL

BTW, is it just me, or has SEC officiating been pretty awful in general this year?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, is it just me, or has SEC officiating been pretty awful in general this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad, but in line with previous years' awfulness. Not as bad as big east crews LDO.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Great win for Georgia. They outplayed and outcoached Florida.

Games like this prove the SEC is the toughest league and makes a case for putting the SEC champ automatically in the BCS championship game.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

From Jaguars.com Ask Vic 10/29 Link to article

[ QUOTE ]
Greg from Atlanta, GA: I was saddened to see Mark Richt pull a classless Bill Belichick antic and tell the Bulldogs “if they didn't get a penalty for celebrating after the first score, he would be mad at them,” and I am sure you were, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vic: Coaching college football is very different from pro football. Money is the motivation in pro football. Money is the ultimate motivator in life, right? College coaches have to access other means of motivation. In Richt’s case, he was attempting to sell the all-for-one and one-for-all theme. He was trying to get his team to dedicate itself to winning and nothing short of winning. Georgia had been dominated by Florida in recent years and Richt needed to establish a new mindset. I think his celebration idea was genius. It was the best 30 yards he ever spent. He lit a fire under his team that Florida couldn’t extinguish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: The reason I posted this I am curious to how you guys will react to reading this. Was he right? or was he wrong?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM

I dunno, there is some interesting stuff in the Alligator, UF's student newspaper.

"...not only did the Bulldogs inject life into a dying rivalry by besing their biggest foe for just the third time in 18 years (ed. this phrase is true and repeated 1,000,000 times in the paper today), but they managed to piss off the Gators in a big way."

"Richt wouldn't admit he was advocating and out and out sign of disrespect for the Gators, but that's precisely what he was doing."

"UF linebacker Brandon Spikes dubbed the move 'classless and disrespectful' - which it was, and intentionally so..."

I think the move was maybe questionable from a sportsmanship point of view, Richt clearly didn't "order the team onto the field" but he did open the door. Overall though, I think it was a brilliant piece of coaching. UGA has been flat footed in previous meetings with Richt as the head coach and they have been lackluster vs USC and UT this season where there didn't seem to be any spark to the team. That certainly didn't happen on Sat. and it was nice to see Richt get some emotion going in himself and the team.

A note on the 3/18 thing. I think a lot of UF fans have come to expect to win and aren't used to being on the other side (with good reason). Talk about flags flying, fan taunting etc, I have endured 15/18 years so I'd just say get over it.

For Orange and others looking forward to next year - it will be a hell of a game. Don't forget, UGA is actually a younger team than UF (defensively, 3 true freshmen on the O line, stafford is a soph like tebow and moreno is a freshmen). The next 3 years are gonna be awesome!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Jaguars.com Ask Vic 10/29 Link to article

[ QUOTE ]
Greg from Atlanta, GA: I was saddened to see Mark Richt pull a classless Bill Belichick antic and tell the Bulldogs “if they didn't get a penalty for celebrating after the first score, he would be mad at them,” and I am sure you were, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vic: Coaching college football is very different from pro football. Money is the motivation in pro football. Money is the ultimate motivator in life, right? College coaches have to access other means of motivation. In Richt’s case, he was attempting to sell the all-for-one and one-for-all theme. He was trying to get his team to dedicate itself to winning and nothing short of winning. Georgia had been dominated by Florida in recent years and Richt needed to establish a new mindset. I think his celebration idea was genius. It was the best 30 yards he ever spent. He lit a fire under his team that Florida couldn’t extinguish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: The reason I posted this I am curious to how you guys will react to reading this. Was he right? or was he wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea, but hate the execution. I don't know why it couldn't have been just as effective to have a huge celebration on their sideline that didn't cost 22.5 yards of field position. I think the motivation would have came across just fine. Pick up a 5 yard delay of game due to celebrating on the sideline for too long....I think they gave up too much.