Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: ****Official tOSU/Florida BCS National Title Game thread****

[ QUOTE ]
to those who say nobody could honestly have expected this, I predicted 28-10 for Fla, and probably would have predicted a larger margin of victory, but I was afraid everyone would have just said omg what an idiot, what a stupid dreamer. My actual prediction would have been 28-38 to 10-17 for Fla as I told a couple of my friends, sorry I didn't account for the opening play of the game(well maybe I did). I knew the SEC is that good and I can tell you right now why UT lost to PSU, they were dissapointed they got to play PSU they did no preparation and figured if they showed up they would win, that and they 90 yard fumble return( Arkansas outplayed Wisconsin, but lost anyway in a close one). The SEC is as I have been saying all year long well ahead of the rest of the country. Big 12 is a distant #2 and Pac 10 is a close #3. Big East is a bit of a ways a way @ #4 and the Big 10 is massively overrated. I said it earlier in another thread so I'm not just making crap up. If only I gambled on sports(outside of the mansion promo)I could have made a ton of $$$ on this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

your conference rankings are retarded. psu and uw beat top sec teams. osu crunched texas. bit 10 is far better than the big 12.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 AM

"My actual prediction would have been 28-38 to 10-17 for Fla as I told a couple of my friends,"

Uh, well, my actual prediction was 41-14. Also, I actually predicted the winner of every single bowl this year! Just to my friends, you see, I thought everyone would've said that I'm an idiot.

Also, LOL at UT being upset at having to play PSU so they decided to lose. Who did they think they should've played? And you also need to make some excuses for Arkansas. Big 12 #2? I don't even have an idea what justification you've got there.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"My actual prediction would have been 28-38 to 10-17 for Fla as I told a couple of my friends,"

Uh, well, my actual prediction was 41-14. Also, I actually predicted the winner of every single bowl this year! Just to my friends, you see, I thought everyone would've said that I'm an idiot.

Also, LOL at UT being upset at having to play PSU so they decided to lose. Who did they think they should've played? And you also need to make some excuses for Arkansas. Big 12 #2? I don't even have an idea what justification you've got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

UT didn't show up in that game, they had no fire on offense or defense, they seemed to be just going through the motions. The 90 yard fumble return helped matters greatly for PSU, a 10-14 point swing, also UT had about 4 or 5 turnovers in that game which didn't help much. UT imo, just figured all they had to do was show up. (They only looked lost one other time all year and that was against Arkansas after their NC hopes fell into the toilet by losing to LSU on the last play of the game the prior week, both with their backup frosh QB).

Oh, btw, scroll up I ACTUALLY predicted 28-10 for Florida HERE before the game started, told a friend just before kickoff it would be Florida 28-35, to OSU 10-20.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UT didn't show up in that game, they had no fire on offense or defense, they seemed to be just going through the motions. The 90 yard fumble return helped matters greatly for PSU, a 10-14 point swing, also UT had about 4 or 5 turnovers in that game which didn't help much. UT imo, just figured all they had to do was show up. (They only looked lost one other time all year and that was against Arkansas after their NC hopes fell into the toilet by losing to LSU on the last play of the game the prior week, both with their backup frosh QB).

Oh, btw, scroll up I ACTUALLY predicted 28-10 for Florida HERE before the game started, told a friend just before kickoff it would be Florida 28-35, to OSU 10-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it would Florida 0-41 to OSU 0-41. I was right!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it would Florida 0-41 to OSU 0-41. I was right!

[/ QUOTE ]
I gave 10 point differences for obvious variance that can be expected, no one can predict exact scores, and I didn't even predict UF's score correctly. I wanted to write down something more than 28-10, but felt scared to as everyone would have called me a dreamer and even if UF won by my exact prediction, everyone would have just thought, meh so the dreamer got super lucky. Also, the big10 bias on this board rubbed off on me a bit.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UT didn't show up in that game, they had no fire on offense or defense, they seemed to be just going through the motions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a lot like OSU, and I even have a better excuse(long layoff) than you do(which is, er, sadness). So after we pretend those games both didn't happen, we still have to stare at Wisconsin 17, Arkansas 14.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

So did you put your house on the game? If UF was getting +7, and you thought they would win by 18. It should have been your lock of the century. Let me guess, you forgot to bet.